Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] Hello there, nice to meet you all

  • Gabriela McCann
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
      Dear Anom,

      My name is Gabby and my son Briar is also 2.5 years old. He has CP, Epilepsy, CVI among other things , but I feel and believe in my heart that he knows who his mommy and daddy are. Please try not to feel sad; your son does know who you are even if you don't think so. My son can't see that well (he turns his head and eyes to the right most of the time) and he can't speak, but he smiles when we talk to him.

      Keep talking to your baby; maybe you'll see some kind of reaction. For example, when I call on my son and say his name, he blinks hard and I tell him "Look at mommy" and he'll turn his head a bit towards my voice. I know it's hard not to get an "I Love You Mommy" or a hug (because he can't really move his arms), but I know he knows who I am. Hang in there and God Bless!
      Here's a poem I found on the net, hope you like it:

      ”I Do Talk To You"
      I know you can’t hear me...but I do talk to you.
      And I hear everything you say to me too.
      I hear when you laugh, when I do something funny.
      I hear you yell "Hooray" when I try so hard.
      I hear you tell others how you’d never trade me for the world even with all the trials I came with.
      I hear you thank God for what a blessing you have been given.
      I hear you encourage me when I can almost do it.
      I hear you cry, too, when it gets a little harder
      And when you ask God "Why?!" your baby.
      And I know you know I understand somehow.
      And you know I listen when you talk to me too.
      But, I want you to know, mom...........
      I do talk to you.

      anomtea <anomtea@...> wrote:
      Hello, my name is Anom. I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm very glad to
      join this club because I also have a son who has cp. I want to share
      my experience and problem with you all. So i can standing still
      without worried about my son's disability. I'm sorry if my english is
      not really good.

      My son's name is Genta Aimar. He's 2,5 years old (you can see him at
      the photo album). Until now, he can't recognize his mother or father.
      That makes me sad a little bit. But, i always tried to ignore this
      feeling. because, it's only means that i have to stay with his life a
      little bit longer

      Maybe that's all for today. Thank you