I have been away for a few years

  • chrisb16_us
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 2 10:11 PM
      Hey everyone I used to be on here everyday and I have been away so
      hello again. I hope all of you are good and I am looking forward to
      talking to you all again. I would like to reintroduce myself to all
      of you. My name is Christine and I am the proud parent of Josh who is
      almost 13 years old and has spastic Quad cp. He is the light of my
      life and I love him dearly. He also has a severe seizure disorder
      that has caused us to have the vagel nerve stimulator in. Sometimes
      it works and sometimes it does nothing but, he is doing well right
      now. I also have a almost 8 year old boy who is a great kid. We live
      in Illinois and I am a stay at home mom. I can't wait to get to know
      you all again and catch up on everyone. I will talk to you all soon
    • Erin Palmer

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 3 8:44 PM
          ---Hi Erin we live about 35 miles from Decatur so pretty much right
          smack in the middle of the state. Josh also has some diplegia they
          basically said he was spastic Quad with right side being worse and
          legs being worse than arms. Well you have a great 4th of July and I
          will hopefully chat with you soon.
          In rscerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Erin Palmer <kslasmom@...>
          wrote:

          > Hello Christine,
          >
          > What part of IL? I live in southern IL. My daughter is 3 almost
          4. She has spastic diplegia with some involvment in her arms. Well
          hope to hear from you soon.

          > Erin
          >
          > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > Hey everyone I used to be on here everyday and I have
          been away so
          > hello again. I hope all of you are good and I am looking forward
          > talking to you all again. I would like to reintroduce myself to
          all
          > of you. My name is Christine and I am the proud parent of Josh who
          is
          > almost 13 years old and has spastic Quad cp. He is the light of my
          > life and I love him dearly. He also has a severe seizure disorder
          > that has caused us to have the vagel nerve stimulator in.
          Sometimes
          > it works and sometimes it does nothing but, he is doing well right
          > now. I also have a almost 8 year old boy who is a great kid. We
          live
          > in Illinois and I am a stay at home mom. I can't wait to get to
          know
          > you all again and catch up on everyone. I will talk to you all soon

        • staci
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 3 9:16 PM
            Hey Chris,
            My son has the exact same diagnoses as yours. Hunter is spastic quad with right worse than left side and legs worse than arms. Hes 3 years old. How is Josh doing now. You said he is 13?
            Staci

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 4 5:04 PM
              ---Stacy, Josh has his moments... Today has been a good day. Josh
              has alot of seizures and other problems but, he is doing pretty
              good. He had hip reconstruction surgery in January and has a long
              recovery. I think it worked though. just a long road. How is
              Hunter? I love that name, by the way. Josh was injured at birth.
              The Dotor made a mistake and damaged his brain. Was Hunter born
              with his CP or was there an accident after his birth? He has made
              many wonderful strides in his rough life. Have a great 4th of July
              Staci and I will talk to you soon.

              Chris

              In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, staci <flygirl_82us@...>
              wrote:

              > Hey Chris,
              > My son has the exact same diagnoses as yours. Hunter is spastic
              quad with right worse than left side and legs worse than arms. Hes 3
              years old. How is Josh doing now. You said he is 13?
              > Staci
              >
              > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              > ---Hi Erin we live about 35 miles from Decatur so pretty
              much right
              > smack in the middle of the state. Josh also has some diplegia they
              > basically said he was spastic Quad with right side being worse and
              > legs being worse than arms. Well you have a great 4th of July and
              > will hopefully chat with you soon.
              > In rscerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Erin Palmer <kslasmom@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello Christine,
              > >
              > > What part of IL? I live in southern IL. My daughter is 3 almost
              > 4. She has spastic diplegia with some involvment in her arms. Well
              > hope to hear from you soon.
              > >
              > > Erin
              > >
              > > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              > > Hey everyone I used to be on here everyday and I have
              > been away so
              > > hello again. I hope all of you are good and I am looking forward
              > > talking to you all again. I would like to reintroduce myself to
              > all
              > > of you. My name is Christine and I am the proud parent of Josh
              who
              > is
              > > almost 13 years old and has spastic Quad cp. He is the light of
              my
              > > life and I love him dearly. He also has a severe seizure
              disorder
              > > that has caused us to have the vagel nerve stimulator in.
              > Sometimes
              > > it works and sometimes it does nothing but, he is doing well
              right
              > > now. I also have a almost 8 year old boy who is a great kid. We
              > live
              > > in Illinois and I am a stay at home mom. I can't wait to get to
              > know
              > > you all again and catch up on everyone. I will talk to you all
              soon

            • staci
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 4 6:47 PM
                Hi Chris,
                Thanks for the compliment on Hunters name. Its the only name me and my husband really liked. Hunter is doing pretty good he doesn't have seizures but his leg muscles are really tight. He wears braces and without them he walks on his toes. The biggest thing we are goin through now is getting him all the services he needs like PT. I am talking to a lawyer right now about possible malpractice.
                Hunter was in distress before he was born and the umbilical cord was pressed against his head when he came out. I think they should of done a C-section.
                the neurologist told me it happened sometime during labor and delivery.
                We are heading out to see some fireworks right now so I wil ltalk more later.
                Happy Fourth to you too!
                Staci

                wrote:

                > Hey Chris,
                > My son has the exact same diagnoses as yours. Hunter is spastic
                quad with right worse than left side and legs worse than arms. Hes 3
                years old. How is Josh doing now. You said he is 13?
                > Staci
                >
                > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                > ---Hi Erin we live about 35 miles from Decatur so pretty
                much right
                > smack in the middle of the state. Josh also has some diplegia they
                > basically said he was spastic Quad with right side being worse and
                > legs being worse than arms. Well you have a great 4th of July and
                > will hopefully chat with you soon.
                > In rscerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Erin Palmer <kslasmom@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello Christine,
                > >
                > > What part of IL? I live in southern IL. My daughter is 3 almost
                > 4. She has spastic diplegia with some involvment in her arms. Well
                > hope to hear from you soon.
                > >
                > > Erin
                > >
                > > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                > > Hey everyone I used to be on here everyday and I have
                > been away so
                > > hello again. I hope all of you are good and I am looking forward
                > > talking to you all again. I would like to reintroduce myself to
                > all
                > > of you. My name is Christine and I am the proud parent of Josh
                who
                > is
                > > almost 13 years old and has spastic Quad cp. He is the light of
                my
                > > life and I love him dearly. He also has a severe seizure
                disorder
                > > that has caused us to have the vagel nerve stimulator in.
                > Sometimes
                > > it works and sometimes it does nothing but, he is doing well
                right
                > > now. I also have a almost 8 year old boy who is a great kid. We
                > live
                > > in Illinois and I am a stay at home mom. I can't wait to get to
                > know
                > > you all again and catch up on everyone. I will talk to you all
                soon

              • chrisb16_us
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 5 9:38 AM
                  ---Staci... I think we have an awful lot in common. Yeah Josh
                  wears braces and has since he was 2. He can walk without them around
                  the house but, not anywhere else. Josh was 2 weeks overdue and
                  huge. He got stuck in the birth canal but, the doctor insisted on
                  making me continue to push for 4 hours. By the time he realized I
                  wasn't going to give birth it was too late and josh's heart rate was
                  in the 40's. He had to be resusitated for 10 minutes before they
                  brought him back. He started having seizures 12 hours after birth
                  and had a brain bleed. They transfered him to Springfield NICU and
                  he was there for 2 weeks. They told us Josh would not be able to do
                  anything but at 13 he sits, uses a comunication devise, walks with
                  some supervision,basically he has defied all of there predictions.
                  Just never give up hope Staci. I will talk to you later.

                  wrote:

> [...]
                  > > > of you. My name is Christine and I am the proud parent of Josh
                  > who
                  > > is
                  > > > almost 13 years old and has spastic Quad cp. He is the light
                  of
                  > my
                  > > > life and I love him dearly. He also has a severe seizure
                  > disorder
                  > > > that has caused us to have the vagel nerve stimulator in.
                  > > Sometimes
                  > > > it works and sometimes it does nothing but, he is doing well
                  > right
                  > > > now. I also have a almost 8 year old boy who is a great kid.
                  We
                  > > live
                  > > > in Illinois and I am a stay at home mom. I can't wait to get
                  > > know
                  > > > you all again and catch up on everyone. I will talk to you all

                • veda jayaram
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 9 11:03 PM
                    chris,
                    Veda here I have a Son Balaji who is diagnosed as quadraplegic cp with seizures. He is 6 yrs old with little functional moments of arms and legs. He had hell lot of problems with feeding. The docs had insisted on ig tubes, but no thank god he is learnt to swallow now. Ok will talk to u later. Bye

                    Veda

                    wrote:

> [...]
                    > > > of you. My name is Christine and I am the proud parent of Josh
                    > who
                    > > is
                    > > > almost 13 years old and has spastic Quad cp. He is the light
                    of
                    > my
                    > > > life and I love him dearly. He also has a severe seizure
                    > disorder
                    > > > that has caused us to have the vagel nerve stimulator in.
                    > > Sometimes
                    > > > it works and sometimes it does nothing but, he is doing well
                    > right
                    > > > now. I also have a almost 8 year old boy who is a great kid.
                    We
                    > > live
                    > > > in Illinois and I am a stay at home mom. I can't wait to get
                    > > know
                    > > > you all again and catch up on everyone. I will talk to you all

                  • chrisb16_us
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 10 4:30 PM
                      ---Hi Veda thanks for the post. The one thing I can say I have been
                      lucky about is Josh's eating. He can eat like no bodies business
                      but, he does not gain weight. He is almost 13 and weighs right
                      around 50 pounds. What kind of seizures does your child have? I
                      look forward to talking with you.

                      Chris

                      In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, veda jayaram <veda_nj@...>
                      wrote:

> [...]
                      Hes
                      > 3
                      > > years old. How is Josh doing now. You said he is 13?
                      > > > Staci
                      > > >
                      > > > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                      > > > ---Hi Erin we live about 35 miles from Decatur so pretty
                      > > much right
                      > > > smack in the middle of the state. Josh also has some diplegia
                      > they
                      > > > basically said he was spastic Quad with right side being worse
                      > and
                      > > > legs being worse than arms. Well you have a great 4th of July
                      > and
                      > > > will hopefully chat with you soon.
                      > > > In rscerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Erin Palmer
                      <kslasmom@>

                      > almost
                      > > > 4. She has spastic diplegia with some involvment in her arms.

                    • veda jayaram
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 10 10:09 PM
                        Hai Chris,

                        Balaji has mioclonic seizures. He has gets another type of seizure, the doctors do not know how to classify. He is on valparin, Torleva, Rivotril, Lamotec. Still we are not in a position to control his seizures. He is on alternative medicines also. Hope he becomes better. What medications are ur kid using. Does he still get seizures. Do he supports his neck. How is he with relation to talking.

                        Looking forward for more conversations

                        Bye

                        Veda

                        wrote:

> [...]
                        Hes
                        > 3
                        > > years old. How is Josh doing now. You said he is 13?
                        > > > Staci
                        > > >
                        > > > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                        > > > ---Hi Erin we live about 35 miles from Decatur so pretty
                        > > much right
                        > > > smack in the middle of the state. Josh also has some diplegia
                        > they
                        > > > basically said he was spastic Quad with right side being worse
                        > and
                        > > > legs being worse than arms. Well you have a great 4th of July
                        > and
                        > > > will hopefully chat with you soon.
                        > > > In rscerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Erin Palmer
                        <kslasmom@>

                        > almost
                        > > > 4. She has spastic diplegia with some involvment in her arms.

                      • chrisb16_us
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 11 9:45 AM
                          ---Hi Veda Josh has Grandmal seizures and petit mal seizures. He is
                          on Topamax and clonapin for his seizures but he also has the Vagel
                          nerve stimulator. He still has atleast one huge seizure aabout
                          every 2 weeks and multipal peti mal's a day. Josh has very good
                          head control and body control. He is unable to walk or speak, Josh
                          will be 13 next month and functions at a nine month to 1 year
                          level. What kind of alternative meds do you have your little one
                          on?

                          Chris and Josh

                          wrote:

> [...]
                          > > > good. He had hip reconstruction surgery in January and has a
                          > long
                          > > > recovery. I think it worked though. just a long road. How is
                          > > > Hunter? I love that name, by the way. Josh was injured at
                          birth.
                          > > > The Dotor made a mistake and damaged his brain. Was Hunter
                          born
                          > > > with his CP or was there an accident after his birth? He has
                          > made
                          > > > many wonderful strides in his rough life. Have a great 4th of
                          > July
                          > > > Staci and I will talk to you soon.
                          > > >
                          > > > Chris

                          > spastic
                          > > > quad with right worse than left side and legs worse than arms.
                          > Hes
                          > > 3
                          > > > years old. How is Josh doing now. You said he is 13?

                        • nevadatomnevada
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 12 12:17 AM
                            Im 18 and i have cerebral palsy
                            and i only weigh 125 pounds and im tall.
                            i cant gain any mass.
                            but i can also eat alot.
                            --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, chrisb16_us <no_reply@...>
                            wrote:

> [...]
                            > > > has alot of seizures and other problems but, he is doing pretty
                            > > > good. He had hip reconstruction surgery in January and has a
                            > long
                            > > > recovery. I think it worked though. just a long road. How is
                            > > > Hunter? I love that name, by the way. Josh was injured at
                            birth.
                            > > > The Dotor made a mistake and damaged his brain. Was Hunter born
                            > > > with his CP or was there an accident after his birth? He has
                            > made
                            > > > many wonderful strides in his rough life. Have a great 4th of
                            > July
                            > > > Staci and I will talk to you soon.
                            > > >
                            > > > Chris

                            > spastic
                            > > > quad with right worse than left side and legs worse than arms.
                            > Hes
                            > > 3
                            > > > years old. How is Josh doing now. You said he is 13?

                          • veda jayaram
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 12 7:40 AM
                              Hai Chris,

                              Balaji is on Ayurvedic medicines for his seizures and his gurgur sound. He use to make lot of sound and had respiratory problems. It is not weezing, but raft breathing. With ayurvedic medicines even though his seizures have not been fully controlled, but his sound and breathing has improved. Due to lack of eating ability, he often swallows his food in to wrong pipe developing pnemonia most of the time.

                              How is josh with relating to general health. Does he understand you. What other therapies he is undergoing. Are the thearpy really helping him.

                              looking forwad for more talks

                              Love

                              Veda

                              wrote:

> [...]
                              > > > good. He had hip reconstruction surgery in January and has a
                              > long
                              > > > recovery. I think it worked though. just a long road. How is
                              > > > Hunter? I love that name, by the way. Josh was injured at
                              birth.
                              > > > The Dotor made a mistake and damaged his brain. Was Hunter
                              born
                              > > > with his CP or was there an accident after his birth? He has
                              > made
                              > > > many wonderful strides in his rough life. Have a great 4th of
                              > July
                              > > > Staci and I will talk to you soon.
                              > > >
                              > > > Chris

                              > spastic
                              > > > quad with right worse than left side and legs worse than arms.
                              > Hes
                              > > 3
                              > > > years old. How is Josh doing now. You said he is 13?

                            • veda jayaram
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 12 7:45 AM
                                Hai nevadatomnevada,

                                Try eating eggs, That is what Balaji is on, eggs daily. Even though he cannot chew still, we give him smashed food with one egg daily. He weights 14kgs. Most docs really appreciate his weight. Some times we give him ghee, but he develops health problems with ghee. Ok all the best, Let's hope for the best, Write to me more about U.

                                Bye

                                Veda

                                wrote:

> [...]
                                > > > has alot of seizures and other problems but, he is doing pretty
                                > > > good. He had hip reconstruction surgery in January and has a
                                > long
                                > > > recovery. I think it worked though. just a long road. How is
                                > > > Hunter? I love that name, by the way. Josh was injured at
                                birth.
                                > > > The Dotor made a mistake and damaged his brain. Was Hunter born
                                > > > with his CP or was there an accident after his birth? He has
                                > made
                                > > > many wonderful strides in his rough life. Have a great 4th of
                                > July
                                > > > Staci and I will talk to you soon.
                                > > >
                                > > > Chris

                                > spastic
                                > > > quad with right worse than left side and legs worse than arms.
                                > Hes
                                > > 3
                                > > > years old. How is Josh doing now. You said he is 13?

                              • nevadatomnevada
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 18 3:23 AM
                                  the treatments the did with me were long recovery processes but it is
                                  still in experimental stages some dont work.
                                  One i had corrected my allignment in my spine so i could walk but,
                                  I ended up with nerve damage.
                                  But I healed up from the treatments I got many many scars.
                                  wrote:

> [...]
                                  > > do
                                  > > > anything but at 13 he sits, uses a comunication devise, walks
                                  > with
                                  > > > some supervision,basically he has defied all of there
                                  > predictions.
                                  > > > Just never give up hope Staci. I will talk to you later.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Chris

                                  > me
                                  > > > and my husband really liked. Hunter is doing pretty good he
                                  > > doesn't
                                  > > > have seizures but his leg muscles are really tight. He wears
                                  > > braces
                                  > > > and without them he walks on his toes. The biggest thing we are
                                  > > goin
                                  > > > through now is getting him all the services he needs like PT. I
                                  > am
                                  > > > talking to a lawyer right now about possible malpractice.
                                  > > > cord was pressed against his head when he came out. I think

                                • nevadatomnevada
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 18 11:57 AM
                                    Chris what kinds of medacations you giving him?