Re: Blisters with the braces

  • mskelli_3js
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2002
      --- In cerebralpalsyclub@y..., "riveradawn" <riveradawn@y...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have any problems with there child with braces getting
      > blisters once in a while my child wears the braces just below the
      > knees. She sees the orthopedic soon but every once in awhile she
      > blisters and I just wanted to know if anyone else has that same
      > problem. I am having troouble finding dress shoes for the braces
      > because my daughter who is 8 in the 3rd grade wants to wear a
      > to school but I dont want her to wear sneakers with a dress, does
      > one know what kind of shoes I can get.
      > I was reading the other letters about Botox shots my daughter had
      > done about 1 1/2 years ago and when I brought her to another
      > orthopedic he told me not to do it again that it did not do
      > for her and she did not need it I found that it made her leg
      > to weak and she kept dropping to the floor she could not go to
      > the day after. So no more for my child. she never had surgery of
      > kind yet maybe in the future to correct any problems with out her
      > braces she walks on her ankles and falls alot.
      > Well thats it for now. Dawn Rivera

      It sounds like part of the brace is rubbing against the skin causing
      the blisters. It might be that her brace has gotten loose and was
      able to rub against her skin. If it is always in one certain spot
      you might ask them to pad that part of the brace, we have had to do
      this with Josh's braces a couple of times. Most of the time the
      brace was coming loose because the velcro was getting old and not
      holding as good. They just replaced the velcro on the brace then.
      Hope that helps.
      Kelli Ward