Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] New member

  • angelmomee320@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2002
      Welcome to the group Lori! My name is Mari and I have a 2 year old who was
      just recently diagnosed with mild hemiplegic Cerebral Palsy. She is on
      Tegratol for her seizures and we also have Diastat to stop the seizures if
      she has one that lasts longer than 5 minutes. Since they have started her
      meds she hasn't had any seizures though so we are very lucky. We are still
      doing a lot of research on the whole subject and things like financial aid.
      Good luck to you!! Hope to talk more with you soon!

      *mari*

    • Lynn A Downs
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2002
        Hi Lori. My name is Lynn and I am the mother of four boys - Brandon
        (16), Anthony (12), Matthew (8) and Christian (5). Christian was born at
        27 weeks and was diagnosed with cerebral palsy when he was a year old.
        He also had Strep B when he was born but it didn't seem to cause any
        lasting damage. His cp is most likely the result of him catching a cold
        when he was 3 weeks old and them not being able to intubate him fast
        enough.
        Welcome!!
        Lynn

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
      • myred
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2002
          Welcome Lori,
          You will get alot from here.
          ~Tracy (mom to Seth 3 Spastic Dyplegia & Hypotonia & GDD)