Waking at night

  • Vicki Hermanson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
      My 8 year old wakes ups at 2 am and does not go back to sleep. He
      takes 6 mg. of zanaflex at bedtime (has been since he was 1 or 2).
      The dr. suggested crushing melatonin and giving it to him through his
      g-tube later at night to help him sleep through the night but so far
      it's not working. I share a room with him (seizure patrol) and he
      keeps me up. I feel like I'm losing my mind by not getting more than
      a few hours of sleep at night. Any suggestions????

      Thanks,
      Vicki
    • dianna gibson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
        hey! i know how you feel. my daughter might sleep three hours a night. you can feel like you're going crazy not getting sleep. but her neurologist just put her on choral hydrate and last night she slept 2-3 hours at a time which is alot she never does that. but last night was the first night she was on it so i don't know if she was really tired or if it really worked. we tried melatonin too and it didn't work. we've tried an antihystamine and two other anti depressants but they just made it worse and made her mood worse. but i really think this will work. so if it still works in a couple days i'll let you know and maybe you can ask your doc about that.
        dianna gibson

        Vicki Hermanson <vickiam@...> wrote:
        My 8 year old wakes ups at 2 am and does not go back to sleep. He
        takes 6 mg. of zanaflex at bedtime (has been since he was 1 or 2).
        The dr. suggested crushing melatonin and giving it to him through his
        g-tube later at night to help him sleep through the night but so far
        it's not working. I share a room with him (seizure patrol) and he
        keeps me up. I feel like I'm losing my mind by not getting more than
        a few hours of sleep at night. Any suggestions????

        Thanks,
        Vicki

        Cerebral palsy lawyer Cerebral palsy attorney Cerebral palsy Family intervention Family rafting trip Family vacations