hi!

  • bettieblue2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2002
      hi everyone!
      im the very proud mum of a 2 and a half year old with quad cp. she
      was 6 weeks prem, and born after it was decided she was in serious
      distress. i was totally unprepared for the diagnosis, i went alone
      to the doctors, and left shocked, totally confused and felt like my
      whole world had collasped in about 10 minutes! i was very lucky tho
      - the physio that was seeing my daughter at the time rang me when i
      got home and said something to me i will remember forever "she is the
      same beautiful little girl she was an hour ago" that weekend was
      tough, but altho we dont have a choice about her cp, we do have a
      choice on how we deal with it, and we choose to to love and accept
      and help her achieve everything she can. and she will, shes such a
      little trier! everyone we know loves her, its impossible not too!
      and really, in the end, it could have been so much worse - we could
      have lost her, or never had her to start with. she has made me a
      better mother than i ever thought i would be, and made me see a side
      of people i wouldnt have ever seen if she wasnt with us. my husband
      and i are lucky tho - we have wonderful family and friends. i havent
      noticed any stares or strange looks - maybe im not looking for them,
      i dont know! we dont have any other children yet, so everything we
      do for her seems natural and not really that hard. the seating
      equpiment and that can be a pain at time (especially getting it all
      out and her in it when its raining!! eeerrrr!!!) but at least these
      days we have this stuff available to our kids, must have been very
      difficult when they didnt!
      anyway, i hope everyone is well and happy! its a such a beautiful
      day here in perth today!! makes a nice change from all the rain!!
      take care
      tania