Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] New Developments

  • Arvid Gunardsson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
      Sorry that I can not give you any positve advice, but when I was in your place I would get a divortion and try to get my children back.
      I am a man myself and I have to admit that it is best for a child with CP to have a mother to take care of the child.

      I hope that everything settles down a bit

      eringa30655 <eringa30655@...> wrote:
      It has been a while since I posted anything I have been very busy. I
      dont know if any of you remember my situation? MY husband ran off
      with my children and taking my son with CP with him. I went to court
      on Nov 1st and he was given custody because he had a nice expensive
      attorney and he left me with nothing only debt. SInce my court date
      I have been worried about my son and his deveolpment. He is now 4
      and seems to be getting worse when I talk to my husband he assures
      me he is in school and sees his doctors regularly and has therapy.
      Come to find out in 2 years he has had nothing. No shool, no therapy
      and hasnt even seen a doctor. I am just thankful that he hasnt
      gotten sick.

      Tell me if I am wrong? I talk to my daughter and she is 7 and she
      told me that my son is locked in a room? I was livid. I called child
      protective services in his area and they are doing an investigation
      on him.

      He called me several times today and threatened me over and over. I
      am scared yes but nothing will keep me from getting the care for my
      baby that he needs. Does anyone know how this works?

      He said he has to take a drug test, and he might have to take
      classes of some sort. I called all of my sons doctors and none have
      seen him in 2 years. I reported all of this. What will happen now?
      ANyone with info please help

      Cerebral palsy lawyer Cerebral palsy attorney Cerebral palsy Family intervention Family rafting trip Family vacations

    • greta von der luft
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
        I would suggest contacting the people at this link. They are a federally funded protection and advocacy group that protects the rights of people with disabilities and their families. They may be able to help you. Each state has a chapter.

        http://www.napas.org/aboutus/PA_CAP.htm<http://www.napas.org/aboutus/PA_CAP.htm>

        Hope this helps.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
          That is a terrible story! You are right to be concerned. This is a very critical time in your son's development. You must do something, I would suggest writing a letter to the judge who decided custody and alerting him attaching verification from the doctors that your son has not been seen. Ask him to schedule another hearing on the custody based on the new information. Do you have a lawyer? Maybe you could call your local bar association and request a referral to a lawyer who handles disability law cases because your son's rights to appropriate services are being denied. Who handles Early Intervention Services in your area?Was your son connected with Early Intervention prior to your separation?

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
            Yes he had been with ECI since day 1-- I made sure that I fought tooth and nail for him to get and recieve anything and everything to aid him in becoming the most that he can possibly be. When he was in my care I even took classes to work with him between therapy. I have contacted them to see what I can do now and they referred me to the school district of the area that he is in. He had therapy every single day sometimes twice a day...from OT- PT-ST-VI- and a social skills teacher that came to the house..even when he was hospitalized for a shunt revision I had talked to the hospital case worker and requested his therapy continue during his hospital stay. SO YES...but now he has dramatically gotten worse.

            mpowals@... wrote: That is a terrible story! You are right to be concerned. This is a very critical time in your son's development. You must do something, I would suggest writing a letter to the judge who decided custody and alerting him attaching verification from the doctors that your son has not been seen. Ask him to schedule another hearing on the custody based on the new information. Do you have a lawyer? Maybe you could call your local bar association and request a referral to a lawyer who handles disability law cases because your son's rights to appropriate services are being denied. Who handles Early Intervention Services in your area?Was your son connected with Early Intervention prior to your separation?

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
              I would get document that you would be the better care giver for your son
              mine has had 8 surgeries he has 3 shunts now sometimes the have to put more then
              one in and he is not taking the proper care of your son. What is wrong with
              the judges?

              Renee mom of 6 year old son With stroke, Hydrocephalus (shunts x3) & CP

            • rfee6@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
                Oh ya good for you on calling them you did the right thing I would have.

                Renee mom of 6 year old son With stroke, Hydrocephalus (shunts x3) & CP