Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] New Member!

  • medic_mom_911
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2002
      -Lynn,
      Our early deliveries sound simaliar. My son weighed 2 lbs 8oz at 29
      weeks. My water broke a week and 3 days before my son was born but,
      the day before my water broke, I took the glucose test. Then the next
      morning my water broke at 27 weeks and I was put in the hospital. When
      I called to check on the results they said my sugar was high. So, for
      the rest of that week I was put on a special diet and on Monday when
      they were starting my test, I went into labour. My sugar was high
      until he was born and then it went back to normal.
      Tracey and Daniel 18 months(former 29 weeker, CP, IVH,
      PVL,microcephaly, gerds, and globally delayed)
      -- In cerebralpalsyclub@y..., Lynn A Downs <oboy4boys@j...> wrote:
      > Jill,
      > Christian weighed in at a whopping 2 lbs, 9 ozs. :) They think I had
      > gestational diabetes ( actually I was undergoing the 5 hour testing
      when
      > I went into labor) and perhaps that is why he was larger than
      normal.
      > They feel that the extra weight really helped him along while he was
      in
      > NICU.
      > We are just beginning our full-time public school experience. Chris
      has
      > attended the school sponsored Pre-school for almost 3 years. Next
      year
      > he will begin kindergarten in a main-streamed classroom. I am not
      looking
      > forward to the "fight" that everyone says I should expect for
      Christian
      > to receive his "appropriate public education".
      > I really look forward to getting to know you and Avory (such a
      pretty
      > name!).
      >
      > Lynn
      > Mommy to Christian, 27 weeker
      >
      > Be the most you can be, so life will be more because you were. -
      Susan