Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] New Member!

  • Lynn A Downs
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2002
      Hi Jill. My name is Lynn and I am the mother of four boys ages 16, 12, 7
      and 5. My youngest, Christian, was born at 27 weeks. He was diagnosed
      with CP when he was a year old also. He has the PVL type and it mostly
      effects his gross motor skills. He uses forearm crutches right now but
      is working hard to be independently walking when he starts kindergarten
      in the fall. Chris attends EIC pre-school right now and recieves PT and
      OT.
      Welcome to the group. I am new here too. I've only been a part of this
      list for about 3 weeks but I really like the people here.
      Lynn

      Be the most you can be, so life will be more because you were. - Susan
      Glaspell

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • JillnSteveS@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2002
        Hi lynn, thanks for the welcome. How much did your son weigh at birth? Avory weighed 2lbs. It's such miracles these children are. Avory is in 2nd grade at our local elementary school. She's doing great. I'm so happy to hear the wonderful progress Chris is making. WOW! walking, that's just great. You must be very happy. Thanks again for the warm welcome.
        Jill
      • Lynn A Downs
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2002
          Jill,
          Christian weighed in at a whopping 2 lbs, 9 ozs. :) They think I had
          gestational diabetes ( actually I was undergoing the 5 hour testing when
          I went into labor) and perhaps that is why he was larger than normal.
          They feel that the extra weight really helped him along while he was in
          NICU.
          We are just beginning our full-time public school experience. Chris has
          attended the school sponsored Pre-school for almost 3 years. Next year
          he will begin kindergarten in a main-streamed classroom. I am not looking
          forward to the "fight" that everyone says I should expect for Christian
          to receive his "appropriate public education".
          I really look forward to getting to know you and Avory (such a pretty
          name!).

          Lynn
          Mommy to Christian, 27 weeker

          Be the most you can be, so life will be more because you were. - Susan
          Glaspell

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
        • medic_mom_911
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2002
            -Lynn,
            Our early deliveries sound simaliar. My son weighed 2 lbs 8oz at 29
            weeks. My water broke a week and 3 days before my son was born but,
            the day before my water broke, I took the glucose test. Then the next
            morning my water broke at 27 weeks and I was put in the hospital. When
            I called to check on the results they said my sugar was high. So, for
            the rest of that week I was put on a special diet and on Monday when
            they were starting my test, I went into labour. My sugar was high
            until he was born and then it went back to normal.
            Tracey and Daniel 18 months(former 29 weeker, CP, IVH,
            PVL,microcephaly, gerds, and globally delayed)