off topic: OperationFlood.com

  • roberthartsoe
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      I will be spending most of my time on the flood victim efforts for a
      while. I desparately need your help. I just received a message that
      we have over 500,000 refugees in Lafayette, LA alone who are running
      out of food. They cannot supply their needs. How can you help?

      go to:
      www.operationflood.com

      thanks
      Robert Hartsoe
    • Castle
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
        I think this number of 500,000 is a little inflated(okay alot
        inflated)....Laffayette only has a population of 190,000...so it
        would be impossible to have 500,000 people there...this is a bit of
        an exaggeration....

        ..but yes there are many people who need assistance
        as do many members of my family for New Orleans(who we have not yet
        heard from) We live north of Houston and have seen many many cars
        with LA plates on them...and the Astrodome in Houston is now home to
        25,000 plus refugees along with many many thousands more in other
        shelters in the Houston area. and they are taking many of them to
        San Antonio and Dallas, so that not any one area is saturated with
        refugees.

        My mother is a registered nurse at Memorial Hermann Hospital The
        Woodlands emergancy room and she will be volunteering to do triage
        at the Astrodome.

        Castle