Prayers Requested

  • hamfamca
    Message 1 of 296 , Nov 28, 2001
      Hi Everyone,<br><br>I was up at the Alberta
      Children's Hospital for an appointment to get Cole's AFO's
      adjusted when I met a woman, her husband and their
      two-year old son Corbin whom I know can benefit from
      everyone's prayers. The woman stopped me to comment on Cole
      and we started having a conversation about CP and
      what is available here. I was pretty sure that her son
      has CP (couldn't hold his head up, lack of control of
      his arms, was in a stroller with head support etc.)
      so I asked to confirm. She told me that he did have
      CP which was caused by Meningitis which he
      contracted two months ago. Up until then her son was a
      typically developing toddler running around the house and
      talking up a storm. She went on to tell me that he seems
      to get visibly upset when he sees toddlers running
      and talking and she feels that he knows he will not
      be able to do the things he once could. We continued
      on the conversation and I asked what his doctors
      thought his prognosis was, how severe was the brain
      damage. She paused at this point in the conversation,
      close to tears, and apologized for her emotions. She
      got control of herself and then told me that not only
      did he have CP but he was also diagnosed with Cancer
      and his prognosis for the cancer was not very good at
      all. I continued talking with her for as long as she
      wanted to talk (her husband and son had gone back to his
      room) and told her that I would pray for her and her
      family.<br><br>I know that there is a higher power and that prayer
      can help so please, I am begging, please pray for
      Message 296 of 296 , Aug 9, 2006