my baby have c.p.???

  • bren0812
    Message 1 of 296 , Sep 4, 2001
      Hello everyone,<br> I just joined this club to
      see if maybe someone in here can give me some advice
      and information. I have a little boy. He will be a
      year old in 10 days. His name is Brendan. He was born
      at 25-26 weeks gestation. He weighed 1lb.12oz. and
      was 12 inches long. He had a small brain bleed they
      found when he was 2 days old. We knew since then that
      cerebral palsy could be a risk with him. I am about going
      out of my mind. I can't get any straight answers out
      of the doctors. Every time I ask about his outcome
      all I hear is "We will continue to watch him."
      Brendan cannot sit up or crawl and. He does roll very
      slowly but he just started this a few weeks ago and can
      only go to one side. It is reaaly weird because he
      will only willingly use the left side of his body to
      do anything that requires any strength. This is
      despite the fact that he has a physical therapist come to
      our home every week from early intervention and my
      husband and I work with him daily. He seems to have equal
      strength on both sides and he has wonderful muscle tone.
      The doctors are also conncerned about his attention
      span. He goes to see a nuerologist on the 17th of this
      month. I have know idea what to expect. I am very
      confused. At his eval he only has the gross motor skills of
      a 4 month old. I love my child with all my heart
      and I am soooo happy he is here to spend his first
      birthday because we almost lost him more than once. 2 days
      after I brought him home from the nicu I had to do
      c.p.r. on him when his heart stopped after refluxing and
      choking. But, I really don't know much about c.p.. I would
      appreciate any advice or information or hearing your stories
      of how your children were diagnosed. And if anyone
      knows what to expect at the nuerologist appointment I
      would really appreciate the info.<br> Thanks so
      much,<br> Tracy
      Message 296 of 296 , Aug 9 6:28 PM