Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] small stature to Jenna

  • Britta de Leyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2005
      I think it is a good idea to see the endocrinologist just to see if there are any problems with your child's hormones. We saw one for Kristen however it was because she has precocious puberty. At the age of two years, she had pubic hair already! They checked for some type of illness, I can not recall the name, but thankfully she did not have it. They will not give her any hormones until she develops breast buds which thankfully she does not have yet. They told me if a child grows too fast, that can affect bone structure, etc. which is not a good thing. We do not worry about her growth now. She is four years old and forty pounds. She used to be real small (she was a preemie) and I got the same comments about being a baby when she wasn't. I always think it is better to get things checked out, expecially when the doctors are wondering also.

      Britta

    • Jenna Gonzales
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2005
        Hi, thanks for your reply. Jasper has gained a little bit of weight
        lately, we are giving him polycose in his food and it seems to help a
        little bit. I think you are right that we should check out his
        endocrine system, it's just scary and one more thing to be concerned
        about. I'm glad to hear that Kristen is doing well for weight gain
        now, does she have a feeding tube? I really wish Jasper didn't have
        one, he eats pretty well, but doesn't drink much and can't really
        tolerate thin liquids, so he wasn't getting enough liquids or
        nourishment from milk/formula. I have a friend whose daughter is 2
        years old (severe CP and epliepisy) and she said that she has body
        odor like a teenage boy and that she has small breast buds, do you
        think I should mention your experience to her? There is so much to
        think about, I appreciate having input from other more experienced
        moms. Thank you.
        Jenna

        --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Britta de Leyer