Help for parents of CP kids is here!

  • epidman
    Message 1 of 296 , Jun 28, 2001
      Hi! This is something I've wanted to do for a
      long time--mentor or advise or counsel families with
      CP kids. I've been around along time. I am 33 and
      was born with CP. I am in a wheelchair and require
      total care. Yet, I live alone in Michigan, 1000 miles
      away from my family. In 1974, I was one of the first
      disabled kids in Georgia to be mainstreamed. I broke down
      many barriers as I worked my way through public school
      advanced curriculum. I have also earned TWO B.S. degrees
      from Georgia Tech and Master's from The University of
      Michigan. I currently work at U-M in engneering and hope to
      move to Iowa(where my family is from) to get my Ph.D.
      in Biomedical Engineering to train for Chiropractic
      research. So, you see, life with CP NEED NOT be a drag. I'd
      be more than happy to counsel parents and caregivers
      about life for them and their kids with CP. I'm a
      friend who has seen a lot. Just email me at
      mconaway@... because I don't check BBS often. All of you have
      a nice<br>day. And, whatever you do, keep the kids
      away from the Baclofen and the botox and take them to
      CHIROPRACTORS!!! Peace. Matt
      Message 296 of 296 , Aug 9, 2006