falls alot

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 11, 2005
      My daughter has always fallen a lot, and she just never cries. Just
      pops back up and keeps going. Some shoes make her fall more than
      others it seems. When she runs, she now has added a little skip to
      her step to compensate for her problems with her left foot. People
      don't realize that she has a problem and they smile and laugh (in a
      good way - not making fun) and say things like "she dances
      everywhere she goes!" I just say "Yes, she does." :)

      Laura

      --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, staci woods
      <flygirl_82us@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Gina,
      > Your sons personality sounds just like mine. My son is only 2 and
      a half though. He stands the same way and falls often too. I'm
      hoping that will get better as he gets older. He also wears braces
      and he says the funniest things. Yesterday he stepped on the
      bathroom scale and said "29" And you know what thats exactly how
      much he weighs. I don't know how he said that because we he never
      weighed himself at home before. Lucky guess!
      > Staci
      >
      > gina moresco <heynoww62@y...> wrote:
      > Any time you want to talk, email me. My son has cp he is 15 it
      affects his legs, he does walk but bent kneed. He had surgery last
      July on hip flexers and hamstrings to release them so he may stand
      taller. Although he can stand up straight, he stills walks bent
      kneed, we are hoping that after a while he can with practice he may
      walk erect. Very bright boy good personality and does not let his cp
      get in the way of anything. Played sports, bowls, has climbed our
      local mountian range twice! I did make his father go just in case,
      his balance is a little off. He did fall alot when young, many
      tears, from mom not him. We have always treated him like any other
      of our children, never telling him he could not do something. I
      wanted to get a dmv handicap for my car, so that he does'nt have to
      walk so far, as he gets tried if he walks a long distance, "NO" he
      says, "you only want it so you can park closer when you shop." funny
      boy!We are very lucky to have this young man as our son...

      > Laura <harpyabroad@y...> wrote:Hi, Kathy! I get lonely too so
      feel free to email me anytime. I
      > really enjoy my online friendships. I am in northeast Ohio, but I
      > have lived in several states. I grew up in Kentucky mostly.
      >
      > I have 3 kids. My 3 year old daughter may have CP -
      developmentally
      > she is doing well, but is a little behind still and she has
      trouble
      > with her left leg. She was premature. She has her first
      neurologist
      > appointment in July. We hope to learn a lot more then.
      >
      > My 8 year old son is a bright boy who doesn't seem to have any
      > problems.
      >
      > My 10 year old son is a real challenge - he has ADHD, Tourette
      > Syndrome, and a mood disorder.
      >
      > I am a stay-at-home mom and the last day of school was today. I
      am
      > already overwhelmed thinking of the summer that stretches
      endlessly
      > before me!
      >
      > Laura
      > --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "ilovejojoevanchris"
      > <ilovejojoevanchris@y...> wrote:
      > > my name is kathy and i have a 4 year old boy named Evan who has
      cphe
      > > is a sweet little boy but gets frustrated easily.he wants to
      keep up
      > > with his older brother.i live in rural south Ga.in the country
      so i
      > > don,t have many people to tolk to so please talk to me ,it gets
      > lonly
      > > out here with no other parents to talk to about what is going on
      > with
      > > Evan, talk to you soon i hope

      Service.

      Service.

    • Susan W.
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 11, 2005
        Hi, when Cole was younger (around 4) he used to tell people that he had the
        "falling down kind of cerebral palsy" and that it was fun to have! He still
        falls down when he is tired or sick but no longer falls down quite as much.

        Susan -- Mom to Cole, 7yo spastic quad, ADHD and other behavioral issues
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 11, 2005
          Hi Everyone,

          I just found out this week about a program sponsored by Easter Seals. It is
          an Access 2 Entertainment Pass. This pass is granted to a person with a
          disability and it provides free or minimal (maximum of $3) access to a
          theatre for the support person. For more information about this program the
          web-site is http://www.access2.ca/

          Susan - Mom to Cole, 7yo spastic quad, adhd & maybe psych. issues