Help

  • mellisa_213
    Message 1 of 296 , Jun 7, 2001
      Hi to everyone I an a new member her and I would
      like to ask advice from each of you who would get back
      to me.I am an aunt to a 7 yera old boy named Bradley
      whom was born with cerebal palsy.Today he started in a
      4H summer program and after being there for only a
      couple of hours his mother was called to come and get
      him because there was no one there to change his
      diaper.This was just so unfair.Then when his mother got there
      she was told he couldn't come back because there was
      no one there to care for him.Even when his sister
      whom is 8 came into his room to get her lunch from his
      bookbag the teachers asked her to feed him because they
      couldn't.This just isn't right because he is a kid just like
      every other kid there.The thing that really bothers me
      is that when my sister filled out the papers for him
      to go there was nothing there saying that they
      couldn't accept children with handicaps.When this was
      brought up at the time that they were saying he couldn't
      go they said "oh well it will be in there next
      year.I know i want to do what I can to see that he and
      every other individual like him is treated like any one
      else.So if any of you can help me in what I need to do
      please let me know.I know that if I give up this kind of
      things will just keep on.I am fired up now and really
      want to keep that way so that I can get across to
      others that people with cp are the same as anyone
      else.Please guide me in the right direction.I will do all
      that is humanlly possible to get the right treatment
      for my Bradly and everyone else in the
      situation.Thanks for hearing me out and i hope to get to know each
      of you soon.May God Bless each of you.
      Message 296 of 296 , Aug 9, 2006