Re: HBOT

  • yaymandy32
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12 5:36 PM
      Hi Heather. It took me tons of research and lots of online groups to
      finally do what my heard told me to try from the beginning on an
      intuitive level. I too asked if anyone has had any negative
      experience and did hear anything. First, do no harm right? My fear
      was that it would bring on seizures since my daughter is seizure
      prone but has not had one since the onset of her illness at 3 weeks.
      When I was confident no harm would come, I just jumped in and did
      it. I am so glad I did and have done 60 sessions so far.

      We were lucky with the 'stress' level. We drove 2 hrs each way to PA
      but my daughter was 10 months the first time and 1.8 yrs the second
      time so it was easy since she was not that mobile yet. My husband
      who is home in the day did the trek with her. I worked. The cost
      was tough, my mom helped us out. The stress would be different with
      each family I guess.

      There were no side effects besides her improving cognitively and
      physically! Have you researched where you would go if you did it? A
      great website is:
      http://www.netnet.net/mums/index.htm

      Good luck in your decision. Let me know what you decide! --MANDY

      --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Heather Stein
      <rockchalkfan17@y...> wrote:
      > Ok, so I've been reading all of this correspondence about HBOT
      warily. Now I am curious. I have a 3 1/2 year old with spastic
      quadraplegia CP. Since has been in therapy since she was 6 mos old
      and is now in preschool. We will be enrolling her in a Conductive
      Education program this summer for 10 weeks. She has made some
      progress, though slow. She is still unable to talk, walk, crawl,
      sit, or stand. When my husband and I first heard about HBO therapy a
      year ago, we brushed it off. No research, not enough info, blah,
      blah.
      > Now that I have read about some real parents who have had good
      experiences, I am intrigued. We are always willing to try whatever
      we can to help our daughter and perhaps I was too quick to dismiss
      this option. Has anyone had any negative experiences?
      Realistically, what are the side effects and how much stress does
      this put on the family? Anything I should know ahead of time? Any
      info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.