Re: I need help in making decision

  • debheseman
    Message 1 of 296 , May 1, 2001
      Dear Virgie, I truely sympathize with you. My
      husband and I run a special needs home in Kentucky and we
      get calls quite often from other parents just like
      you. There is such a great need for more homes to care
      for older disabled children when the parents are
      unable to do it. I have been in touch with a man from an
      organization call "Special Touch Ministries". His goal is to
      open homes across the country. I think they may
      already have one started in Missouri. It is a vision of
      me and my husbands also, but we have not pursued it
      fully yet. The one and biggest problem we see is to
      find loving and caring dedicated people to truely love
      these children. Not just for the paycheck!!! We have a
      13 year old girl with cerebral palsy. We have cared
      for her for 2 and 1/2 years. We love her like our
      own. She is going to possibly be facing back surgury
      for scoliosis and I expect to walk the floors of the
      hospital. If we were able we would take in all the children
      and care for them such. We do have to recognize our
      limits too. Hang in there and pray there is a place for
      your daughter even after you can't do it. Sincerely
      Debbie
      Message 296 of 296 , Aug 9, 2006