Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] Camps in SC -Teresa

  • danaliz
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2005
      And just so you know, there is a family that drives up from Alabama
      so that their son can attend this camp. If you want more info on it
      go to the website http://www.stlouischildrens.org/default.aspx?
      tabid=96&acn=view&aid=1546. Good luck on finding camps in your
      area!! If you find one I would really suggest sending your son it
      is such a wonderful experience!

      Dana
      --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Zubko
      <monette_12@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Teresa,
      >
      > Check with your local Parks and Recreation Dept., as
      > may have integrated camps for children with and
      > without disabilities.
      >
      > I did some looking, and here is a list of summer camps
      > for kids and adults with disabilities in your state.
      >
      > All I did was look up "camps for children with
      > disabilities in south carolina" on the Internet.
      >
      > You need an Adobe Acrobat program to read the file.
      > (It is 41 pages long).
      > scddc.state.sc.us/sumrec04.pdf
      > Easter Seals should also be in the phone book and have
      > camps in just about every state.
      >
      > Jenn
      >
      > --- Teresa Greenway <scmom19962001@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > This is in regards to Dana and Susan:::: about the
      > > camp.
      > > I am a mom is South Carolina .. do you know of any
      > > such camps in my area.. My son is 8 with CP and
      > > talks about maybe one day going to a camp. but I am
      > > new to this stuff and dont know where i would even
      > > beging to look for one... I would give anything for
      > > my son to be able to do the things you mentioned...
      > > ( but i am one of those moms that just dont want to
      > > let go)..lol
      > > Sincerely,
      > > Teresa
      > >
      > > danaliz <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > >
      > > It has to be one of the best feelings in the world!
      > > The look on his
      > > face when he did those things about brought tears to
      > > my eyes.
      > >
      > > --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan W."
      > >
      > > <s.wintringham@s...> wrote:
      > > > That's great to hear Dana. Isn't it wonderful when
      > > you see your
      > > child
      > > > enjoying something that you didn't think he could
      > > do!
      > > >
      > > > Susan -- Mom to Cole

      rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome".
      > -Helen Keller

      > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • **Buddy**
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 5, 2005
        Hello all:

        In light of people asking about summer camps, I had an urge to go back
        through some information I had........When I worked for Association for
        Cerebral Palsy (Montpelier, VT) we had a folder filled with information
        about camps and summer activities for children and adults that had various
        types pf medical and special needs. Unfortunatley, the office in Montpelier
        closed, and the file that we maintained "dissappeared."

        However, I was able to do a search on the internet. I attended Camp Thorpe,
        a special needs camp for children and adults in Goshen, Vermont that have
        physical/mental/emotional problems from approximately 1980-1986, and it was
        awesome, and I highly recommend this summer camp. You can reach their
        website at http://www.campthorpe.org

        Other listings for summer camps can be found at Allen's Guide:
        http://www.allensguide.com/SpecialNeeds/

        Take Care,

        Buddy

        <s.wintringham@s...> wrote:
        > That's great to hear Dana. Isn't it wonderful when you see your
        child
        > enjoying something that you didn't think he could do!
        >
        > Susan -- Mom to Cole

        Teresa
        Greenway

      • Amy Dow-Spaulding

          <s.wintringham@s...> wrote:
          > That's great to hear Dana. Isn't it wonderful when you see your
          child
          > enjoying something that you didn't think he could do!
          >
          > Susan -- Mom to Cole

          Teresa
          Greenway

        • Callie Lange
          Message 4 of 9 , May 20, 2014
            8000000+ Women Wanna Approach New Men
            Enjoy Plenty Of Users Profiles Close To Your Town

            Free Dating >>> http://bit.ly/1gc7D1p