Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] Camps in SC -Teresa

  • Jennifer Zubko
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2005
      Hi Teresa,

      Check with your local Parks and Recreation Dept., as
      may have integrated camps for children with and
      without disabilities.

      I did some looking, and here is a list of summer camps
      for kids and adults with disabilities in your state.

      All I did was look up "camps for children with
      disabilities in south carolina" on the Internet.

      You need an Adobe Acrobat program to read the file.
      (It is 41 pages long).
      scddc.state.sc.us/sumrec04.pdf
      Easter Seals should also be in the phone book and have
      camps in just about every state.

      Jenn

      --- Teresa Greenway <scmom19962001@...> wrote:

      > This is in regards to Dana and Susan:::: about the
      > camp.
      > I am a mom is South Carolina .. do you know of any
      > such camps in my area.. My son is 8 with CP and
      > talks about maybe one day going to a camp. but I am
      > new to this stuff and dont know where i would even
      > beging to look for one... I would give anything for
      > my son to be able to do the things you mentioned...
      > ( but i am one of those moms that just dont want to
      > let go)..lol
      > Sincerely,
      > Teresa
      >
      > danaliz <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >
      > It has to be one of the best feelings in the world!
      > The look on his
      > face when he did those things about brought tears to
      > my eyes.
      >
      > --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan W."
      >
      > <s.wintringham@s...> wrote:
      > > That's great to hear Dana. Isn't it wonderful when
      > you see your
      > child
      > > enjoying something that you didn't think he could
      > do!
      > >
      > > Susan -- Mom to Cole

      =====
      "To love another person is to see the face of God"
      -Victor Hugo in Les Miserables

      "Perserverance is not a long race; It is many short races one after another".
      -Walter Elliot

      "The richness of the human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome".
      -Helen Keller

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • danaliz
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2005
        And just so you know, there is a family that drives up from Alabama
        so that their son can attend this camp. If you want more info on it
        go to the website http://www.stlouischildrens.org/default.aspx?
        tabid=96&acn=view&aid=1546. Good luck on finding camps in your
        area!! If you find one I would really suggest sending your son it
        is such a wonderful experience!

        Dana
        --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Zubko

      • **Buddy**
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2005
          Hello all:

          In light of people asking about summer camps, I had an urge to go back
          through some information I had........When I worked for Association for
          Cerebral Palsy (Montpelier, VT) we had a folder filled with information
          about camps and summer activities for children and adults that had various
          types pf medical and special needs. Unfortunatley, the office in Montpelier
          closed, and the file that we maintained "dissappeared."

          However, I was able to do a search on the internet. I attended Camp Thorpe,
          a special needs camp for children and adults in Goshen, Vermont that have
          physical/mental/emotional problems from approximately 1980-1986, and it was
          awesome, and I highly recommend this summer camp. You can reach their
          website at http://www.campthorpe.org

          Other listings for summer camps can be found at Allen's Guide:
          http://www.allensguide.com/SpecialNeeds/

          Take Care,

          Buddy

          <s.wintringham@s...> wrote:
          > That's great to hear Dana. Isn't it wonderful when you see your
          child
          > enjoying something that you didn't think he could do!
          >
          > Susan -- Mom to Cole

          Teresa
          Greenway

        • Amy Dow-Spaulding

            <s.wintringham@s...> wrote:
            > That's great to hear Dana. Isn't it wonderful when you see your
            child
            > enjoying something that you didn't think he could do!
            >
            > Susan -- Mom to Cole

            Teresa
            Greenway

          • Callie Lange
            Message 5 of 9 , May 20, 2014
              8000000+ Women Wanna Approach New Men
              Enjoy Plenty Of Users Profiles Close To Your Town

              Free Dating >>> http://bit.ly/1gc7D1p