Any Michigan moms?

  • punkindebbi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hello everyone. I have a question for anyone from Michigan,
      especially the Lansing area. My daugter has global delays, but her
      biggest problem is speech. She will be three in March and she
      doesn't babble at all and has no words. I am looking for some speech
      therapy since the place where we are now is not working out for us.
      Any suggestions would be great!

      Thanks, Debbi
      punkindebbi@...
    • Amy Dow-Spaulding
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
        Hi Debbi,
        Unfortunately I am from the Upper Peninsula, but I am a "MI Mom". My son is going to be 7 on Jan 27th. He has spastic diplegia. He recently had tendon lengthening surgery, but I am scared that maybe it didn't help. He seems to be digressing instead of progressing. He goes back to Royal Oak the 13th for a follow up to see how he is doing and I am so nervous. I am almost 8 months pregnant so I can't be there for the appointment. Anyways, I am rambling. I just wanted to let you kow that there is another mom out there with a special child. I would love to chat with you more. If you are ever online using the Yahoo Messenger you can add me to your list. My yahoo ID is the same as my email. I am usually here after 5pm until around 9 or 10. If you can't find me (my bf is usually online) you can IM my bf at raelayotte@... and tell him I asked you to track me down about Cerebral Palsy. It would be great to chat with you, and any other mom's or dad's that have CP kids. If you know of
        any, please give them my Yahoo ID or my email. Thanks so much, and good luck finding a good speech therapist.
        Amy

        punkindebbi <punkindebbi@...> wrote:

        Hello everyone. I have a question for anyone from Michigan,
        especially the Lansing area. My daugter has global delays, but her
        biggest problem is speech. She will be three in March and she
        doesn't babble at all and has no words. I am looking for some speech
        therapy since the place where we are now is not working out for us.
        Any suggestions would be great!

        Thanks, Debbi
        punkindebbi@...

      • mona cornejo