swallow and speech evaluation

  • suggie_maggs1
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      hello all...i had you all efore about my triplets...again they were
      born at 29 weeks....they have many many issue which includes 2 of
      them having mild cp..one is severely hypotonic..her docs are doing
      gentic testings for ehlers-danlos syndrome as well as the cp..the
      other brian has mild spastic cp....they are 22 months..chloe only has
      developemental delays and speech delays..brian went today for a
      speech and swallow evaluation because he cannot talk and chokes on
      liquids..he has excessive drolling and cannot keep his tounge in his
      mouth and his mouth does not stay shut..today they put him on a thing
      called simply thick to put in all of his liquids..also he is no
      longer aloud to use a sippy cup..he has to use a special cup with a
      special straw...their hoping this will help with the swallowing and
      choking..they told me that the cp had affected his facial muscles and
      this is why he i having these problems..anyone here have a child on
      simply thick or have any of he same issues??
      hope to talk to you soon,
      sonie