Hippotherapy

  • Helen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004
      I got great news this week. Madisyn's infant teacher was able to
      help me locate a place that does hippotherapy about 20 mins away.
      When I called to find out the details the lady said that Madisyn
      will qualify for a scholorship and her sessions will be FREE! Horray!
      I go tomorrow to meet with the program director. I hope Madisyn will
      enjoy it.

      Madisyn also got her Pony gait trainer yesterday. ((((Cathie)))She
      loves it. It is great to see her have more mobility. It was the
      first time that I have got to see her standing up with out some one
      holding on to her. I never realized how tall she is...wow!

      I finally achieved some thing myself too. I know that I have to me
      an advocate for Madisyn. I find this very hard because I am not a
      confrontational person and have a hard time speaking up. I finally
      did though and requested to have Madisyn's regional center case
      worker changed, I was having problems with her lack of
      professionalism and she was just becoming another person to fight.
      So I called her supervisor and filed a complaint. Her new worker
      should contact me this week. I hope I have a more positive
      experiance with this one. After mos of continplation I DID IT. It
      sounds silly I am sure but is a big defeat for me!

      Helen:)