Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] Cerebral Palsy

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 10 1:03 PM
      I will check out phone #s for recreation. Does
      Cheyenne attend school? In regards to her becoming
      sick easily, and since she has a g-tube, there is a
      common problem that doctors do not address. Was an
      emptying study done? If the stomach is not emptying
      properly then it can cause reflux, etc. Did she have
      surgery on the top part of her stomach when she got
      her g-tube? Surgery on the top part is called Nissen
      fundal plication and surgery to the bottom part is
      called pyloral plasty.

      You are not alone in your feelings. My major down
      times were usually at night when my sons were asleep,
      and I had time to pause from all the busy stuff.
      Having the availability to the internet will be a
      great help to you, I did not have that resource when
      my children were young. My "baby" Jason is now 28
      years old. He is spastic quadraplegic, micro-cephalic
      CP, gtube (20 yrs ago), trach (9 yrs ago), spinal
      fusion surgery, hip release surgery ( at 9 yrs old)
      and we are looking at another hip correction.

      Debra M-Mc

      "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129m5jo44/M=292052.4796528.6085134.4681303/D=groups/S=1705013500:HM/EXP=1094168973/A=2139633/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=11k5seevg/*https://www.independencenow.com/iglideinfo/yg.html";var

      'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/jo/johnson_johnson/051104yahoo_300x250_1oop_v2.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var

      "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129m5jo44/M=292052.4796528.6085134.4681303/D=groups/S=1705013500:HM/EXP=1094168973/A=2139633/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=11k5seevg/*https://www.independencenow.com/iglideinfo/yg.html";var

      "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/jo/johnson_johnson/051104con2_300x250_20k.gif";var
      > lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      > removed]

    • mona cornejo
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 13 9:47 AM
        I don't understand the doctor's vocabulary can you tell me what is nissan fundal plication is. thank you

        Debra Marasco-McNulty <debraphp@...> wrote:I will check out phone #s for recreation. Does

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 13 2:36 PM
          The Nissen is usually for when the person has alot of
          reflux (throwing up) mainly because of problems with
          the upper part of the stomach. This could happen
          because the stomach doesn't empty correctly among
          other issues. It's hard to describe the procedure
          without drawing it, but surgically where the esophogas
          attaches to the stomach, they put a fold in it
          creating a tightening. After this procedure the
          person usually cannot throw up for a year or more.
          Again, crucial is the emptying study, can you imagine
          having your stomach overfilled constantly.

          Another reason my son had throwing up, several years
          after his stomach surgery, was because of stomach
          ulcers. These can be tested for. Ulcers can be
          caused by alot of things, one is a stomach bacteria
          which my godson had.

          Hope this helps,