Hi, I'm new here.

  • lowderra
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2004
      I'm a nurse, and work with a patient with CP. Selling his
      outgrown equipment for at least a little money, finding stuff the
      insurance won't pay for.....it takes so much time and effort. I can't
      imagine that other people have it any easier. I've occasionally
      found stuff on eBay, but plowing through pages of wheelchair
      ramps, and hospital bed air mattresses - 99% of which is for
      elderly patients.....it's just so time consuming. So I guess my
      question is.....

      1) do you think you would find it more convenient if eBay had a
      section just for pediatric medical/therapy/rehab supplies (heck, if
      they have a section just for troll dolls! why not one for us?!?)

      2) or do you know of any existing websites that allow people to
      post equipment or shop for equipment (you know, used stuff -
      outgrown stuff - stuff that's perfectly fine but just totally NOT
      useful for your particular child but might be perfect for another).

      I eagerly await your opinions!