Re: newbie

  • Peace47872
    Message 1 of 296 , Feb 9, 2001
      Hi Dawn, I'm a new member too and looks like I
      found the right club with you in here too! LOL....I am
      a mother of 10 (soon to be 11) year old twins with
      CP and the same problem you are having with the
      school! I feel so blessed right now! Forgive me! We went
      from an exclusion system to inclusion and I HATE it.
      The school just pushes them through without really,
      REALLY, teaching them! In our state the school legally
      can't hold them back (fail a grade) but they ARE
      SUPPOSE to teach these kids at THEIR LEVEL! I'm not
      seeing this being done and haven't since 2nd grade where
      we were at an exclusion school. They are now in the
      4th grade and I have battled with the school since
      last year when we moved. It's frustrating and I have
      just recently been informed that I need to get an
      advocate. I am so sick of these case conference meeting's
      and the same old I.E.P.'s I could
      Message 296 of 296 , Aug 9, 2006