Anyone have experience with Shriner's Hospital?

  • scmom19962001
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2004
      Hello all..My name is Teresa and I have a 7 year old son
      (Dillon) We are having surgery at the Shriners Hospital in
      Greenville S.C. at the end of this month.. Dillon has
      spastic diplegia C.P. He can walk a little with a walker
      now, and we have been going to the Shriners for quite a few
      years...He also have therapy reagully... I would just like
      to hear from orther parents that may have had a child treated
      with surgery from Shriner's Hospital.... I spend every waking
      moment thinking about the surgery and really scared... If there
      is anyone that can relate to this... please respond..
      Thanks in advance...
      teresa>>> scmom19962001@...
    • danaliz@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2004
        Hi Theresa,

        I also have a 7 year old son with spastic diplegia. He had surgery
        at the Shriner's Hospital when he was 3 years old. It was the best
        experience we ever had in a hospital! They made Evan and myself
        extremely comfortable and took wonderful care of him before, during
        and after surgery. Evan had his heel cords transfered and also had
        his adductors cut. He was an extreme toe walker, he no longer walks
        on his toes at all. We go back one a year for a regular check up.
        If you have any specific questions you want answered feel free to
        ask.

        Dana
        --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "scmom19962001"