Re: Thank-you Lisa

  • mzcappuncino
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi,
      I have a special needs 4 yr daughter with CP. I understand exactly
      what you are going through. I found out that she had CP when she
      was 18 months. But since birth I knew that she would have multiple
      challenges. She is also a twin. Unfortunately my son did not make
      it, he died the following day. It is hard for me also, but I can
      say that she is a blessing. She is always happy inspite of
      everything. I am a single parent in the military but the people
      that I work with dont seem to understand my situation. But GOD will
      get me through all of this. I also have a 11 yr old and she is very
      protective of her. She is healthy. If you ever need to talk, you
      can email me at your convenience. I thought also that I was the
      only one going through this until I joined this club.

      Tamara
      --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "~Chrissy~"
      <kaygechristinaaudrey@y...> wrote:
      > It is very nice to know that there are other like her , when we
      > first found out that there was something wrong with her it was
      like
      > we were all alone in this world with out a hand but things are
      > looking up for us we just need some friends I guess you could say
      > this is the first time I ever deal with something so hard but yet
      > easy it is crazy how much she brings out in us we love her so much
      > but we are scared , but we work hard and get very tiered untill
      > another day comes then we start all over again all we have our
      > hearts set on is that she holds her head up and says just a couple
      > words that would just be greatand if she does more that fantastic
      we
      > just dont want to expect to much of her if you know what I mean .
      Is
      > there somewere that we could talk one on one if you were
      interested
      > well anyways get back . THANX ALOT
      >
      > CHRISTINAS MOMMY Chrissy
    • Shannon Tinsley
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
        Hello, I'm just getting a chance to sit down and read the emails from the group. My name i Shannon and I am also the parent of an 8yr old daughter with spastistic CP and things have been very difficult.. Difficult to where I've had to sacrifice my job, her father leaving after sticking by my side for a younger woman and abandoning his duties and post as a dad to Jordan. I'm encouraged to know that I'm not alone as a single young lady with this child whom I love dearly. Just know this Tamara and Chrissy and to any of you ladies, that when God gives us a challenge like this it is to be met with some sort of honor, special situations for special people. All my friends whom are well established in their career's say that I'm one of their strongest friends and I don't take that lightly. It took a very long time but I do believe that I'm that strong vessel that Jordan needs. It took awhile to accept things because she still at this point doesnt walk, but she talks has some distractions
        because of the cognitive delays but I'm believing God. I'm currently looking for someone to give her piano lessons, summer programs and etc. Surround yourself ladies with all that you can because someone really cares.. I know I do.. And if any of you ever need a friend to talk to or anything I'm here too. We are all in this togehter. I'm a full time advocate for my daughter and looking to expand some recognition world wide to children with cerebral palsy. I know people know, but they really don't know. I have some wonderful ideas to start a non-proft organization involving arts, music etc.. these children have talent as well and it' up to us the parents to find them and expose them to a world that really doesn't know. I'm here ladies if you'd like to talk. God bless all of you!

        Shannon Tinsley

        Hi,
        I have a special needs 4 yr daughter with CP. I understand exactly
        what you are going through. I found out that she had CP when she
        was 18 months. But since birth I knew that she would have multiple
        challenges. She is also a twin. Unfortunately my son did not make
        it, he died the following day. It is hard for me also, but I can
        say that she is a blessing. She is always happy inspite of
        everything. I am a single parent in the military but the people
        that I work with dont seem to understand my situation. But GOD will
        get me through all of this. I also have a 11 yr old and she is very
        protective of her. She is healthy. If you ever need to talk, you
        can email me at your convenience. I thought also that I was the
        only one going through this until I joined this club.

        Tamara
        --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, "~Chrissy~"
        <kaygechristinaaudrey@y...> wrote:
        > It is very nice to know that there are other like her , when we
        > first found out that there was something wrong with her it was
        like
        > we were all alone in this world with out a hand but things are
        > looking up for us we just need some friends I guess you could say
        > this is the first time I ever deal with something so hard but yet
        > easy it is crazy how much she brings out in us we love her so much
        > but we are scared , but we work hard and get very tiered untill
        > another day comes then we start all over again all we have our
        > hearts set on is that she holds her head up and says just a couple
        > words that would just be greatand if she does more that fantastic
        we
        > just dont want to expect to much of her if you know what I mean .
        Is
        > there somewere that we could talk one on one if you were
        interested
        > well anyways get back . THANX ALOT
        >
        > CHRISTINAS MOMMY Chrissy

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129m3ev61/M=292052.4796528.6085134.4681303/D=groups/S=1705013500:HM/EXP=1086175638/A=2139633/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=11k5seevg/*https://www.independencenow.com/iglideinfo/yg.html";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/jo/johnson_johnson/051104yahoo_300x250_1oop_v2.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129m3ev61/M=292052.4796528.6085134.4681303/D=groups/S=1705013500:HM/EXP=1086175638/A=2139633/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=11k5seevg/*https://www.independencenow.com/iglideinfo/yg.html";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/jo/johnson_johnson/051104con2_300x250_20k.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

      • chipedjade
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
          Hi everyone,

          Any one who wants can e-mail me at chipedjade@... I am so glad
          I came here and I hope that we can help each other. My daughter has
          triplescia CP. ( Meaning 3 limbs) She has seizures and is also tube
          feed. Her name is also Lisa she is 12 yrs old. It is a very
          difficult and rewarding at the same time but you do what you have to
          do each and every day. I to had to quit my job tried many times to
          work but always had to leave because of something going wrong.I am
          married and my husband is the greatest we also have a daughter who
          went to her Heavenly home on 1-20-03. We are still messed up from
          losing her I think we always will be you just don't get over losing
          a child she was only 8 . I hope to hear more from you guys just e-
          mail me any time.
          God Bless All Of You,
          Lisa

          --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Shannon Tinsley

          Service.

        • ~Chrissy~
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2004
            Hell all
            I would just like to say thank-you to everyone who has responded to
            my post it is very nice to hear from yous all my daughter s name is
            Christina she is 2 she has Epilepcy , C P , asthma , kidney reflux ,
            kidney crystals , mental and fisical delays and she is laid back she
            is a quad and she is also G tub fed but one of the loves of my life
            along side her brother Kayge 4 whom loves her so much . Well I would
            love to hear your stories , your cp club freind Chrissy
            CHRISTINAS MOMMY

            --- In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, chipedjade <no_reply@y...>

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2, 2004
              I had the same problem of working and having a
              disabled child, and this is a problem of parents of
              school-age children also: working around a school
              schedule. Not many employers understand & want to
              hire you because you can for example work: 9 to 2, you
              need all school holidays off, teacher conferences and
              IEPs off, doctor appointments, and lets not forget
              school vacations; however, we need full-time pay and
              benefits. After many years as a single mom working ,
              trading childcare, stressing day to day; solution, I
              went to work for the special ed schools, first as a
              part-time sub, the as my son's health stablized, full
              time staff in the classroom, then I only had to cover
              staff training days and many I was able to take my son
              to. Afterall, we were being trained to teach him &
              his peers. I got to know the system & helped improve
              colaboration between parents and staff. If your school
              system is resistant to having parents working in the
              classroom, bring out,where are they going to get
              qualified people who have the training, heart, and
              desire to provide quality "education" to these
              students. As long as everyone keeps professionalism
              and objectives in mind, it is a win win situation.

              Debra M-Mc

              === message truncated ===

              http://messenger.yahoo.com/
            • Shannon Tinsley
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 6, 2004
                Hi Chissy and all!

                I'm just reading the "Angel" poem and wanted to cry.. I think that everything is going to be okay and want to encourage you all on this Sunday to keep your head to the sky and believe that it will get better..

                Shannon