Twin B Weight Gain

  • Becky Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      My daughter was not a twin, but for a long time was quite a bit smaller than most her age...as far as the weight goes. She too was always tall and still is. We tried the Pedisure and it helped some. I was quite concern. I mean, she had no problems with eating...ate everything that did not eat her first, but she still was under weight. Finally, when she was about 9 she began putting on weight a little more and now at 11 years old, she is getting a bit of the pre-teen pudge and is pretty well at an average weight for her age and height. One thing therapist told me as well as doctors, is because of her therapy, she is working a lot and burning calories. I'm not sure how your son's eating is otherwise, but maybe that is part of it. Also, my daughter was on a bottle later than most because of the CP (was not able to drink from glass or hold sippy cups), but I did find a glass at Walmart that was great at helping her to drink on her own (she still can't use a regular glass to tip and drink
      out of). This glass comes in colors or clear with colored caps. It has a built in straw handle. She can pick it up with her hands and drink from the handle-straw. We have several!

      I know I was probably not much help but we have dealt with the weight issue before and just wanted to tell you our experience.

      Becky