sign this please if you wish

  • boo631@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
      To: U.S. Senate

      Hello, my name is BJ Stasio. I would like to marry my girlfriend,
      but it would mean that i would lose all my medical coverage. Now the
      only reason this affects me is that i have cerebral palsy. The
      government is threatening to take away my benefits if i was to get
      married, which would put all my expenses on my girlfriend. My expenses
      are too much for her to handle, and i would not want to put that kind
      of burden on her. So please sign the petition and help me make my
      dream come true. Thank you for your time, you are greatly appreciated.

      Sincerely,

      The Undersigned

      http://www.PetitionOnline.com/bjstasio/petition.html

      pass it on
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
        I agree that we have a poor system. If parents give up rights to their children and put them in placement, medical bills are covered. If parents are married, children will be denied medical help, untill the parents separate.

        In our area, people that are disabled will get married in church services, and not register the marriage with the government. Then they arrange through a living trust, an agreement between parties to make health decisions for each other (medical directive) and for property. However, things like pensions etc. are still left out if the partners are not legally married.

        My prayers are with you as you seek direction.

        Debra M-Mc

        To: U.S. Senate