PLEASE HELP ME!!!

  • bella7022003
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 24, 2003
      Hi,

      My daughter Isabella is 6 months old and has torticollis. I am
      wondering if she has some signs of CP. Could someone please tell me
      the signs that a 6 month old would show if they had CP.

      Lori
    • the grreatest
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 26, 2003
        I'm not sure what torticollis is but at 6 months, we thought my daughter had cp because she was delayed. She wasn't hitting any milestones. Also, her hands were fisted all the time and her thumb was always under the rest of her fingers. You should speak to her doctor and then get a second and third opinion. Generally, doctors don't like to officially diagnose children until they they are at least 2 yrs old because symptoms can be tricky. Good Luck.

        bella7022003 <bella7022003@...> wrote:Hi,

        My daughter Isabella is 6 months old and has torticollis. I am
        wondering if she has some signs of CP. Could someone please tell me
        the signs that a 6 month old would show if they had CP.

        Lori

        peace
        melissa
        cherub2320@...

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 26, 2003
          the signs my son has showed r....fists all the time...cant hold his head up...doesnt move unless stimulated...and is STIFF all the time...he is also showing other signs...he is unable to control his saliva drools all the time sometimes choking on his saliva..I hope this helps Mason is 7 mos. old.

          > From: "bella7022003" <bella7022003@...>
          > Date: 2003/12/24 Wed PM 11:42:01 CST
          > To: cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] PLEASE HELP ME!!!

        • Stephanie Feenstra
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 26, 2003
            Hi,
            Is torticollis when they have a head tilt?? My son had a head tilt when he was younger and he has mild CP. He really does not have it anymore and i think it was mostly due to the fact that he spent the first 9 months of his life sleeping in his carseat instead of the crib. He HATED the crib and would sleep on night in the infant carrier. Well eventually he outgrew it and would sleep in the same position which caused his head tilt.

            Does your daughter have any other signs of CP?? I don't really recall Torticollis being a major sign of CP. Is she meeting her other mile stones?? My son is now 16 months old and was diagnosed at 10 months with mild cp. If you are concerned about your daughter i would ask her dr.

            Steph

            bella7022003 <bella7022003@...> wrote:
            Hi,

            My daughter Isabella is 6 months old and has torticollis. I am
            wondering if she has some signs of CP. Could someone please tell me
            the signs that a 6 month old would show if they had CP.

            Lori

          • Monica Frankum
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 26, 2003
              Hi my name is monica and i'm 24 years old with two
              daughters and my first child has severe cerebral
              palsy.
              She is 14 months old and still looks like a 6 month
              old baby.She can't sit up by herself,can't hold her
              head up,can't roll over,walking,she has a hard time
              playing with toys and swallowing she is not doing the
              normal things a 1 year okd would do.She was in
              Mcmaster for 1 month and they diagnosed her with
              cp,brain damage and she has 2 cysts on her brain and
              it's really hard to see her like this.She also has
              severe asthma and every time we go on the bus people
              stare and it's very annoying and i feel sorry for her
              but i love her no matter what she is just a very
              special girl and i love her very much just like my
              other daughter i love the same.

              sincerly monica
              P.S. please write back

              =====
              Cheryl203000

            • tkyoung40@wmconnect.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 26, 2003
                In a message dated 12/26/2003 7:36:16 PM Central Standard Time,
                cheryl203000@... writes:

                > Hi my name is monica and i'm 24 years old with two
                > daughters and my first child has severe cerebral
                > palsy.
                > She is 14 months old and still looks like a 6 month
                > old baby.She can't sit up by herself,can't hold her
                > head up,can't roll over,walking,she has a hard time
                > playing with toys and swallowing she is not doing the
                > normal things a 1 year okd would do.She was in
                > Mcmaster for 1 month and they diagnosed her with
                > cp,brain damage and she has 2 cysts on her brain and
                > it's really hard to see her like this.She also has
                > severe asthma and every time we go on the bus people
                > stare and it's very annoying and i feel sorry for her
                > but i love her no matter what she is just a very
                > special girl and i love her very much just like my
                > other daughter i love the same.
                >
                > sincerly monica

                Monica,

                I am the father of a six and a half year old daughter that has CP, brain
                damage, and seizures. She has PVL (brain damage to the white matter that
                surrounds the ventricles of the brain ) . Our daughter was also unable to do the
                things that you described about your daughter at this age. We even had to teach
                our daughter to chew. I highly recommend that you get your daughter in all kinds
                of therapies. Physical, Occupational, and Speech. We started our daughter at
                seven months of age. Cassidy had a bad choking problem for the first few
                years. She stayed on baby foods until the age of 2 1/2. She can now eat a perfectly
                normal diet. We used clear fish tank tubing about 12 inches long and we would
                let her chew on it as long as she wanted to. This was long enough that she
                could not swallow it. This helped build up her jaw muscles where she could chew
                better. She learned how to walk at the age of four. She still falls at times
                but she has become quite the walker. She is still non verbal and cannot feed
                herself yet, but she can feed herself finger foods. She has a nine year old big
                brother who has challenged her to do everything he can. She tries extremely
                hard and has achieved more than any doctor ever expected. We learned to not pay
                attention to people that stared at us. The way I look at it is this: I have
                educated so many people about our daughter and her special needs that the people
                in our small community seem to know her and she has become an inspiration to
                quite a few people. The funny thing is a lot of them are teenagers. One has
                now gone off to college and is pursuing a degree in medicine because of our
                daughter. My best advice is to love your daughter unconditionally and find a
                church that will support you and your families needs. I know that without the Lord
                in my life that I would be crazy by now. Take care and God Bless!

                PS: Never give up and remember that each child is different.

                Happy New Year,

                Cassidy's Dad in Texas

              • Derdav MAC