to Debra Mcnulty who responded to my post

  • Jacqueline Candelaria
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2003
      I would love to see what the lift looks like and I would be grateful
      to have someone to talk to who has a child with Cp as severe as my
      own. There are not very many parents out there, at least I have had
      a hard time finding any. My address is 10839 Begonia St, Adelanto
      Ca. 92301. They wanted to put a trach in for my daughter, "just
      because", but we didn't let them. She is very healthy now, but
      since she was about 3 she had a hard time keeping any food down and
      would constantly gag and then everything she ate would come back
      up. At 11 years old she only weighed 26 lbs. At that time she
      started to vomit blood and an ER doctor told us what her problem
      was. She finally had to have 2 surgeries to fix it and now has a
      feeding tube, but she is very happy and healthy now. Where before
      she was in the hospital every year with phneumonia, now she is
      hardly ever even sick with a cold. Is your sone in any programs
      outside the home? We have been told by the school to consider what
      we will do when she is out of public school, but that is a little
      scarey for me. Thanks again

      Jackie Candelaria