722I need your help for DC re: IDEA

  • SpecialEd_Watchdog@webtv.net
    Apr 3, 2003
      Hi folks.

      I need your help. I am compiling testimonial letters for our trip to
      IDEA for book called: the Faces and Voices of IDEA.

      We need letters from parents appealing to our legislators! If you have
      already written something, please send us a copy.

      Please sent it to Nancy Rozell who is handling the compilation of the
      book.

      Her email is: nrozell@...

      It doesn't need to be fancy or long. We are looking for volume.

      Sample:

      Dear Members of Congress:

      My name is Debbie Brown. I have a beautiful son name Gabriel. Gabriel
      was diagnosed with autism by the age of 2. With the help of early
      intervention and special education, Gabriel has made tremendous
      progress. Please don't make these drastic changes to IDEA. What we
      need is accountability and enforcement for noncompliance. Mandatory
      federal funding would solve these problems.

      Sincerely,
      Debbie Brown
      Allendale, NJ

      You can make it longer if you would like but even if it is one paragraph
      with a photo attachment, it will make a difference. Please email Nancy
      by Friday 3PM.

      Please help us. We will do our very best to help ourselves and help
      represent you.

      All the best,
      Debbie Brown

      SPARC - Special Parent Assistance & Resource Center - a NJ program for
      parents dealing with challenges posed by all disabilities offering
      support, education, advocacy and information & referral.
      http://www.geocities.com/sparcofucp

      Special Ed Watchdog Nation - SEWN - Special Ed advocacy info and
      resources
      http://community.webtv.net/SpecialEd_Watchdog/SpecialEdWatchdog

      Special Ed Webmasters and Listowners - an egroup
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SpedWebmasterListowners