5340Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] Re: confused

  • ladysassiness@aol.com
    Mar 22, 2009
      Hi Everyone!

      I wanted to introduce myself and maybe give some input. I have a 10 yr old
      daughter. She has spastic quadriplegia, seizures, ventricular tachycardia,
      esotropia and a kidney reflux. She's gone through 9 surgeries since 2006 and we
      may be looking at one more. She also had problems with her hips. We did the
      botox for a while but ended up doing the surgery. They broke her hip and thigh.
      They cut the muscle to give some release and then patched it all up with a
      metal plate. She was in a body cast for about 8 weeks. Very hard to take care
      of, just a small hole to shove a diaper in through. She now has a baclofen
      pump inserted in her abdomen to take care of the spasticity. It has helped
      alot, I recommend it to all who are having these problems.

      Please feel free to write me if anyone would like to just chat or what not.

      Casandra

      In a message dated 3/21/2009 11:04:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      sullykidsmom@... writes:

      Hello~ I have a son whom is three with CP & thought I'd say hello as well as
      ask a couple questions if you don't mind. What types of surgeries have you
      been through with your son & what are they intended to improve? I am just
      curious. Thus far, we have been blessed enough to dodge any surgeries. Our sons
      tone is increasing quite a lot more though despite all of the stretching and
      therapy that we do at the therapist and at home. Any information is helpful.

      ~Erika~

      --- In _cerebralpalsyclub@cerebralpalscer_
      (mailto:cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com) , Cindy Aucoin <cinlyncpa@.ci> wrote:

      > I have a 5 year old son and was (wishful thinking) hoping he would never
      have surgery. He has his first surgery in Aug 08, releases and had another
      minor surgery in january. WHen is your son going to have surgery and on what. I
      know a family that just went through the hip surgery- which is what i am
      trying to prevent. It's very hard.

      steps!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220685763x1201394209/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
      %3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)