3669Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] I have been away for a few years

  • veda jayaram
    Jul 10, 2006
      Hai Chris,

      Balaji has mioclonic seizures. He has gets another type of seizure, the doctors do not know how to classify. He is on valparin, Torleva, Rivotril, Lamotec. Still we are not in a position to control his seizures. He is on alternative medicines also. Hope he becomes better. What medications are ur kid using. Does he still get seizures. Do he supports his neck. How is he with relation to talking.

      Looking forward for more conversations

      Bye

      Veda

      chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      ---Hi Veda thanks for the post. The one thing I can say I have been
      lucky about is Josh's eating. He can eat like no bodies business
      but, he does not gain weight. He is almost 13 and weighs right
      around 50 pounds. What kind of seizures does your child have? I
      look forward to talking with you.

      Chris

      In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, veda jayaram <veda_nj@...>
      wrote:

      > chris,
      > Veda here I have a Son Balaji who is diagnosed as quadraplegic
      cp with seizures. He is 6 yrs old with little functional moments of
      arms and legs. He had hell lot of problems with feeding. The docs
      had insisted on ig tubes, but no thank god he is learnt to swallow
      now. Ok will talk to u later. Bye

      > Veda
      >
      > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > ---Staci... I think we have an awful lot in common. Yeah
      Josh
      > wears braces and has since he was 2. He can walk without them
      around
      > the house but, not anywhere else. Josh was 2 weeks overdue and
      > huge. He got stuck in the birth canal but, the doctor insisted on
      > making me continue to push for 4 hours. By the time he realized I
      > wasn't going to give birth it was too late and josh's heart rate
      was
      > in the 40's. He had to be resusitated for 10 minutes before they
      > brought him back. He started having seizures 12 hours after birth
      > and had a brain bleed. They transfered him to Springfield NICU and
      > he was there for 2 weeks. They told us Josh would not be able to
      do
      > anything but at 13 he sits, uses a comunication devise, walks with
      > some supervision,basically he has defied all of there predictions.
      > Just never give up hope Staci. I will talk to you later.
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, staci <flygirl_82us@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Chris,
      > > Thanks for the compliment on Hunters name. Its the only name me
      > and my husband really liked. Hunter is doing pretty good he
      doesn't
      > have seizures but his leg muscles are really tight. He wears
      braces
      > and without them he walks on his toes. The biggest thing we are
      goin
      > through now is getting him all the services he needs like PT. I am
      > talking to a lawyer right now about possible malpractice.
      > > Hunter was in distress before he was born and the umbilical
      > cord was pressed against his head when he came out. I think they
      > should of done a C-section.
      > > the neurologist told me it happened sometime during labor and
      > delivery.
      > > We are heading out to see some fireworks right now so I wil
      > ltalk more later.
      > > Happy Fourth to you too!
      > > Staci
      > >
      > > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > > ---Stacy, Josh has his moments... Today has been a good
      > day. Josh
      > > has alot of seizures and other problems but, he is doing pretty
      > > good. He had hip reconstruction surgery in January and has a
      long
      > > recovery. I think it worked though. just a long road. How is
      > > Hunter? I love that name, by the way. Josh was injured at birth.
      > > The Dotor made a mistake and damaged his brain. Was Hunter born
      > > with his CP or was there an accident after his birth? He has
      made
      > > many wonderful strides in his rough life. Have a great 4th of
      July
      > > Staci and I will talk to you soon.
      > >
      > > Chris
      > >
      > > In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, staci <flygirl_82us@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hey Chris,
      > > > My son has the exact same diagnoses as yours. Hunter is
      spastic
      > > quad with right worse than left side and legs worse than arms.
      Hes
      > 3
      > > years old. How is Josh doing now. You said he is 13?
      > > > Staci
      > > >
      > > > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > > > ---Hi Erin we live about 35 miles from Decatur so pretty
      > > much right
      > > > smack in the middle of the state. Josh also has some diplegia
      > they
      > > > basically said he was spastic Quad with right side being worse
      > and
      > > > legs being worse than arms. Well you have a great 4th of July
      > and
      > > > will hopefully chat with you soon.
      > > > In rscerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Erin Palmer
      <kslasmom@>

      > almost
      > > > 4. She has spastic diplegia with some involvment in her arms.
      > Well
      > > > hope to hear from you soon.

      > > > been away so
      > forward