3667Re: [CEREBRAL PALSY CLUB] I have been away for a few years

  • veda jayaram
    Jul 9, 2006
      chris,
      Veda here I have a Son Balaji who is diagnosed as quadraplegic cp with seizures. He is 6 yrs old with little functional moments of arms and legs. He had hell lot of problems with feeding. The docs had insisted on ig tubes, but no thank god he is learnt to swallow now. Ok will talk to u later. Bye

      Veda

      chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      ---Staci... I think we have an awful lot in common. Yeah Josh
      wears braces and has since he was 2. He can walk without them around
      the house but, not anywhere else. Josh was 2 weeks overdue and
      huge. He got stuck in the birth canal but, the doctor insisted on
      making me continue to push for 4 hours. By the time he realized I
      wasn't going to give birth it was too late and josh's heart rate was
      in the 40's. He had to be resusitated for 10 minutes before they
      brought him back. He started having seizures 12 hours after birth
      and had a brain bleed. They transfered him to Springfield NICU and
      he was there for 2 weeks. They told us Josh would not be able to do
      anything but at 13 he sits, uses a comunication devise, walks with
      some supervision,basically he has defied all of there predictions.
      Just never give up hope Staci. I will talk to you later.

      Chris

      In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, staci <flygirl_82us@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Chris,
      > Thanks for the compliment on Hunters name. Its the only name me
      and my husband really liked. Hunter is doing pretty good he doesn't
      have seizures but his leg muscles are really tight. He wears braces
      and without them he walks on his toes. The biggest thing we are goin
      through now is getting him all the services he needs like PT. I am
      talking to a lawyer right now about possible malpractice.
      > Hunter was in distress before he was born and the umbilical
      cord was pressed against his head when he came out. I think they
      should of done a C-section.
      > the neurologist told me it happened sometime during labor and
      delivery.
      > We are heading out to see some fireworks right now so I wil
      ltalk more later.
      > Happy Fourth to you too!
      > Staci
      >
      > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > ---Stacy, Josh has his moments... Today has been a good
      day. Josh
      > has alot of seizures and other problems but, he is doing pretty
      > good. He had hip reconstruction surgery in January and has a long
      > recovery. I think it worked though. just a long road. How is
      > Hunter? I love that name, by the way. Josh was injured at birth.
      > The Dotor made a mistake and damaged his brain. Was Hunter born
      > with his CP or was there an accident after his birth? He has made
      > many wonderful strides in his rough life. Have a great 4th of July
      > Staci and I will talk to you soon.
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > In cerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, staci <flygirl_82us@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey Chris,
      > > My son has the exact same diagnoses as yours. Hunter is spastic
      > quad with right worse than left side and legs worse than arms. Hes
      3
      > years old. How is Josh doing now. You said he is 13?
      > > Staci
      > >
      > > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > > ---Hi Erin we live about 35 miles from Decatur so pretty
      > much right
      > > smack in the middle of the state. Josh also has some diplegia
      they
      > > basically said he was spastic Quad with right side being worse
      and
      > > legs being worse than arms. Well you have a great 4th of July
      and
      > > will hopefully chat with you soon.
      > > In rscerebralpalsyclub@yahoogroups.com, Erin Palmer <kslasmom@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello Christine,
      > > >
      > > > What part of IL? I live in southern IL. My daughter is 3
      almost
      > > 4. She has spastic diplegia with some involvment in her arms.
      Well
      > > hope to hear from you soon.
      > > >
      > > > Erin
      > > >
      > > > chrisb16_us <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > > > Hey everyone I used to be on here everyday and I have
      > > been away so
      > > > hello again. I hope all of you are good and I am looking
      forward
      > > > talking to you all again. I would like to reintroduce myself
      > > all
      > > > of you. My name is Christine and I am the proud parent of Josh
      > who
      > > is
      > > > almost 13 years old and has spastic Quad cp. He is the light
      of
      > my
      > > > life and I love him dearly. He also has a severe seizure
      > disorder
      > > > that has caused us to have the vagel nerve stimulator in.
      > > Sometimes
      > > > it works and sometimes it does nothing but, he is doing well
      > right
      > > > now. I also have a almost 8 year old boy who is a great kid.
      We