Stowmarket

  • chrisncummings
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 3, 2003
      I was talking to this bloke in a pub (The Two Brewers no less!)and he
      recons that he's been to the Picerell in Stowmarket and he say's it's
      somewhere by the railway station or there abouts. Does this make
      everything as clear as mud!

      We (that's ME)are planning to get to Stowmarket around 6.00 so that
      we have plenty of time to find the place.

      Ecky has contacted me and say's hi to everyone and He's looking
      forward to the gig on Saturday.

      On a sadder note Paul, Martin and myself went to Little Ray's
      funneral on Friday. It's sad to see the passing of such a young
      Cerberus fan but on a higher note we did meet up with all the old
      George II crowd. Let's hope we can meet up under better cercumstances
      next time.

      See ya Sat.
      Chris
    • ejblues2000
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 3, 2003
        the piCKerell is on thomson local 65 stowupland street i have a map
        save and yes its very close to a railwayline I'll try to email to
        steve so he can forward it
      • ejblues2000
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 4, 2003
            i have full directions for saturday if you have a fax i'll send them
            out it looks like the luton posse it'll take you about 2 hours but us
            northerners it'll take 3
          • ejblues2000
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 4, 2003
              From the town map it looks like from the A14 you can either turn
              right onto the B113 then right again onto stowupland st or right onto
              B115 and that becomes said street (am i taking this roadie lark too
              serious)
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 4, 2003
                Very sad about Ray - I know he had been ill for some time but is
                always a tragedy to lose someone so young - he will be missed.

                Steve
              • ejblues2000
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 8, 2003
                  Ok so what is it with these small oldie worldie country style pubs
                  are they full of closet rockers ? boy did theylove you guys!!!!!
                  mind you ,you were all on form last night see ya soon
                • janeandeddies
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 9, 2003
                    I agree Elwood! We were cooking last night weren't we, but then again
                    we did have a great audience too & that always helps.

                    The landlady has booked us again for Saturday 18th October. It's a
                    long way off, but the earlier dates we couldn't do! She'll phone us
                    if she gets any cancellations. Hope this date is OK with you Steve?

                    Bye for now.
                    Jane xxx
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 10, 2003
                      Absolutley, unexpectedly great gig - even Sci-Fi Geek went really
                      well (not sure what happened at the end of Circle of Stone though).

                      Great fun to play Johnny B Goode again too - complete with Blues
                      solos intro.

                      I'd love to go back there but I have a horrible feeling that October
                      18th will be this years Chalkie birthday bash date - haven't thought
                      that far ahead yet! I will check with Chalks on Wednesday (Crying
                      Shame and Blues Brothers gig at Barco in Solihull - all welcome!) and
                      let you know.

                      Steve
                    • ejblues2000
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 11, 2003
                        ooops I have found one of the screws from the white light rig in my
                        jeans I put them away safe when we had trouble dismantling it I hope
                        i have the other can someone let Paul know so he doesnt fret
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 14, 2003
                          Got this in my inbox this morning

                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 17, 2003
                            I thought 18th October might be Birthday Bash but Chalkie has
                            confirmed this as 25th this year. But I just found out that Colin
                            (from Crying Shame) and Alison are getting married on the 18th and
                            I'm invited - but being the hippies they are they hadn't actually
                            told anyone they were invited! Sorry it looks like that date will be
                            no good for me.

                            Steve