Themes

  • ejblues2000
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 5 11:30 PM
      So last years theme was piracy i'm tryin to think of one for this year and i'm wonderin how about Drink tasters ?
    • chrisncummings
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 6 1:59 AM
        Sounds like a plan to me - does it mean I get a bottle of JD before each set!!?

        --- In cerberusuk@yahoogroups.com, ejblues2000 <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > So last years theme was piracy i'm tryin to think of one for this year and i'm wonderin how about Drink tasters ?

      • paul_dockree
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 6 2:45 AM
          how bout viking
          drink
          plunder the beach cafe
          and lets face it we may not rape but monday after the weekend i feel well an truley f~~~~ed

          --- In cerberusuk@yahoogroups.com, chrisncummings <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Sounds like a plan to me - does it mean I get a bottle of JD before each set!!?
          >
          > --- In cerberusuk@yahoogroups.com, ejblues2000 <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > So last years theme was piracy i'm tryin to think of one for this year and i'm wonderin how about Drink tasters ?

        • princess_tango2000
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 6 2:49 AM
            that's fine we can buy boxes of the lil single shot bottles at cash and carry, 2 sets yeah 70ml a night that's your limit....

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 6 3:20 AM
              Limits ? At a bike rally? Never heard such arrant nonsense !!
            • Charlie.lowe.net@boltblue.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 6 3:25 AM
                I like the sound of that Paul! Plus we've already got the buxom beauties!!

                And I most definitely agree with Caroline on the size of the bottles of JD for Chris
                before sets. Afterwards you can have what ya like!!

                See yu all at the beer festival xxxxx

                Quoting paul_dockree <paul.dockree@...>:

                > how bout viking
                > drink
                > plunder the beach cafe
                > and lets face it we may not rape but monday after the weekend i feel well an
                > truley f~~~~ed
                >

                > --- In cerberusuk@yahoogroups.com, chrisncummings <no_reply@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Sounds like a plan to me - does it mean I get a bottle of JD before each
                > set!!?
                > >
                > > --- In cerberusuk@yahoogroups.com, ejblues2000 <no_reply@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > So last years theme was piracy i'm tryin to think of one for this year
                > and i'm wonderin how about Drink tasters ?

                Sent with "Me-Mail", Boltblue's FREE mobile messaging service.
                http://www.boltblue.com
              • ejblues2000
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 7 9:27 AM
                  Viking Drinkers sounds darn good to me and do they do pint shot glasses?
                • mark davies
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 7 9:49 AM
                    more likely a litre.....

                    Viking Drinkers sounds darn good to me and do they do pint shot glasses?

                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 9 3:13 AM
                      Vikings don't drink litres - they quaff hogsheads !
                    • chrisncummings
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 10 1:25 PM
                        Hi All

                        Just had message from George II. They only use their own pa and "inhouse sound technician" now and will not pay us the old rate to play there. Any ideas for a new venue for CerberFest?

                        Chris

                        ps

                        Booked 2 gigs at weekend - Grand Junction in Tring 13th March and Black Horse in Tring April 24th (smaller venue but insisted on paying MORE than the George is offering!!).
                      • dianeh349@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 10 6:21 PM
                          Hey Chris

                          Fuck the George then, how about the Hat Factory??

                          Martin

                        • katherine lilley
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 10 11:13 PM
                            Dose the Hat Factory sell any good beer?
                            is there any parking?
                            and were abouts is it?

                            Luv K

                            Fuck the George then, how about the Hat Factory??

                          • Mike Brady
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 10 11:24 PM
                              The Hat Factory  is across the road from the George. Matt knows more about the beer but it can't be worse than the George.Mike.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 12 9:55 AM
                                A toughie, temptation is to say 'stuff em' but then it is The George with the history that goes with that. The only other place with resonance to the old days is the Horn, but who would go to CerberFest in St Albans ? Hat Factory sounds like a good compromise if it could be sorted.
                              • chrisncummings
                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 13 12:45 AM
                                  Only trouble with the Hat Factory is they usually charge an admission fee for going to see bands - don't know what they charge to hire the place either

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 13 1:59 AM
                                    What about the Church hall at the High town centre? We could enquire as to costs etc on Saturday