Re: [central ohio sleep disorders] New to the group need to find a sleep doctor!

  • TOM GANGLUFF
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2009
      Hello Scott I have both sleep apnea and narcolepsy and I see Dr. Sammadder .He treats sleep disorders try t o give hime a call at 459-2494 or 866-8200 ,to see ifhe can get you in as a patent or send you to someone .He is a very gooddoctor .Also try riverside hospital they have some DR.s who speaqlisz in sleep medican .My Name is Tom andf I have knwon that I havehad sleep apnea and narcolepsy since 1997.Hope this was ofany help to you .

      From: appleheadq@... <appleheadq@...>
      Subject: [central ohio sleep disorders] New to the group need to find a sleep doctor!
      To: centralohiosleepdisorders@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 10:33 PM

      I have sleep apnea and my doctor is at the Cleveland Clinic. I need to find a doctor that specializes in sleep apnea treatment. I looked at the doctors list but not sure who treats sleep apnea.

      Right now I am unable to use a cpap machine and need to try and find a doctor locally to set me up with a bipap machine. I also wanted to find out if anyone with sleep apnea has had the "pillar procedure", I think that's what it's called? Was that helpful? How much does it cost? I heard insurance won't pay for it. Did it work well enough to get off of a cpap or bipap machine?

      I would appreciate receiving more information regarding doctors and various treatments for sleep apnea.

      I live in Northwest Columbus but will travel if there is a better doctor somewhere. I saw Dr. Samater years ago and was misdiagnosed and didn't care much for his personality as a provider.

      I would like to find someone that is knowledgeable and provides for a better doctor patient relationship.

      Thank you,

      Scott Applegate

    • appleheadq@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2009
        Thanks for your email!

        Unfortunately I went to Dr Sammadder and didn't like him. He misdiagnosed me and I didn't like his personality.

        He diagnosed me with narcolepsy back then and Cleveland Clinic said I have sleep apnea.

        Do you go to the support group? Is there a newsletter or something about the group? Times? Does the group have speakers or how do they run?

        Thanks for any help you can provide

        Scott

        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 2009
          Scott,
          My daughter and I both went to Dr. Sammader and neither of us liked Him.
          Try Dr. Kim he has an office on W. Broad St and also one on Olentangy Rd.
          My daughter goes to a Dr. Jones but he is a nurologist that specializes in sleep disorders.
          Hope this helps you.

          --- In centralohiosleepdisorders@yahoogroups.com, "appleheadq@..." <appleheadq@...> wrote:

          > I have sleep apnea and my doctor is at the Cleveland Clinic. I need to find a doctor that specializes in sleep apnea treatment. I looked at the doctors list but not sure who treats sleep apnea.
          >
          > Right now I am unable to use a cpap machine and need to try and find a doctor locally to set me up with a bipap machine. I also wanted to find out if anyone with sleep apnea has had the "pillar procedure", I think that's what it's called? Was that helpful? How much does it cost? I heard insurance won't pay for it. Did it work well enough to get off of a cpap or bipap machine?
          >
          > I would appreciate receiving more information regarding doctors and various treatments for sleep apnea.
          >
          > I live in Northwest Columbus but will travel if there is a better doctor somewhere. I saw Dr. Samater years ago and was misdiagnosed and didn't care much for his personality as a provider.
          >
          > I would like to find someone that is knowledgeable and provides for a better doctor patient relationship.
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Scott Applegate

        • TOM GANGLUFF
          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2009
            yes there is a support group the next meeting will be in july on the 3rd sunday and yes we have speakers .If you need a doctor try togo to river sid hospitol the have some on staff there .I hope this woill ne of some help to you bye for now Tom,

            Message 5 of 6 , May 6, 2009
              Hi I wanted to let you know about a website called talk about sleep iot will also help find a sleep doctor on this area .the sit e is www.talkaboutsleep.com ,In the site it will derict you to a section find a sleep doctor in the area where you live .Hope this will help you .