(tan-striped) white-throated sparrow in Butte Co.

  • Shelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hello Birders,
      My good friend R.J. Bogiatto sent me this message today and I am posting his sighting
      here. Apparently he re-found the bird that Scott Huber reported on 9/27 from the same
      location and very likely the same individual. See Scott's post for specific directions to the
      Llano Seco Unit of the Sac River NWR.

      I observed a tan-striped morph white-throated sparrow at the Llano Seco Unit
      of the Sacramento River NWR at 1715h. The bird was observed on the trail
      between Viewing Platforms 1 and 2. More specifically, the sparrow was seen
      on the trail approximately .25mi west of 7-Mile Lane near the Willow on the
      corner of Unit 12, where the trail first hits the canal. The lone individual
      was foraging on the ground with a mixed group of song, savannah, and
      white-crowned sparrows.

      Bird happy,
      Shelly Kirn
      Butte County