Curlew Sandpiper not seen by 4pm Aug. 1

  • kristenolson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      Birders

      There were birders looking for the Curlew Sandpiper at the Yolo Bypass
      from 8am until at least 4pm when I left. I was the last birder there
      but perhaps some more folks will look/are looking this evening. In the
      morning, there were almost no dowitchers in the flooded rice fields,
      but by the late afternoon there were several hundred.

      Also seen: Pectoral Sandpiper, Wilson's Phalarope, Red-necked
      Phalarope, and, per others, a Semiplamated Sandpiper. Lots of Westerns
      and Least Sandpipers, White-faced Ibis, etc.

      Kris Olson, Menlo Park, CA