Re: [CVBirds] Surise/American River 5/31

  • Andrew Engilis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
      Interesting observation. I had an Osprey yesterday flying over I-5
      near Sutterville Road (Sacramento) around 9:00 am. Maybe some birds
      were passing through this day.

      Andy Engilis
      Elk Grove

      At 05:32 PM 5/31/2007, wagtail042000 wrote:

      >Do you suppose the Osprey seen by Dave Johnson today(5/31) on the
      >American River near Sunrise could be from the nest near Rancho Murietta?
      >I believe the American Shad are running in the rivers right now, and
      >would be a great food source.People might also look on the Cosumnes,and
      >there are several good-sized fish-filled ponds on the Van Vleck
      >Ranch,south and west of Rt16 and Ione-Michigan Bar Rd.Also Rancho Seco
      >Lake on Twin Cities RD. might be worth a look for a foraging Osprey.
      >Craig Miller, Sutter Creek, Ca

      Andrew Engilis, Jr.
      Museum Curator
      Museum of Wildlife and Fish Biology
      Department of Wildlife, Fish, and Conservation Biology
      One Shields Avenue
      University of California, Davis
      Davis, CA 95616

      Phone: (530) 752-0364