Kent Ave. Ponds, KIN - Franklin's Gull

  • Jim Gain
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      Sorry for the late post, but I just got back from the Kern River Biofest. On
      Friday morning I stopped by the Kent Ave. Ponds (Hwy 41 and Kent Ave.) and
      had lots of birds, including an adult, full alternate plumaged FRANKLIN'S
      GULL and several dozen BLACK TERN'S, and at least 18 SNOWY PLOVERS. I also
      noted both WILSON'S and RED-NECKED PHALAROPES. I stopped by again this
      morning on the way back and photographed the Franklin's Gull. All of the
      previously mentioned birds were still there. One of the photos of the gull
      is at http://www.stanislausbirds.org/BY2004/cvby-photos.htm

      Jim Gain

      Modesto