Calaveras & Alpine County Regional Editor

  • Pbowend2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      I have been the Regional Editor for Calaveras and Alpine County for several
      years (maybe 7). One reason I enjoyed the job was because we had a cabin in
      Calaveras for 25 years and I did a lot of birding in Calaveras County and the
      western part of Alpine County. But we recently sold our cabin so I no longer have
      a physical presence in the county. I am willing to continue being the
      regional editor rather than let the counties languish with no one keeping the
      information, it can be mostly a computer job anyway. But if someone has a special
      interest in either county and would like to keep the records I would be happy to
      give up the job and the records to them. All of the reported records for both
      counties are on my computer. I use Bird Brain for Mac which does limit my
      information to a Mac user unless someone knows how to translate it to another
      form. I do have large binders with everything printed out as of early last year. I
      also have lots of files with the paper records that I haven't thrown out yet
      that someone would be welcome to.

      So if anyone is interested please let me know. I would help with the
      transition in any way that I can.

      Penelope Bowen
      Menlo Park, CA