Hooded Merganser

  • naburris
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
      Got a good look at the Hooded Merganser at Yolo Basin late this
      afternoon. He was with three female Common Goldeneye in the pond on the
      east side of the road as you start the auto tour. The little group was
      easily viewed with binoculars.

      Nellie Burris
    • susantorguson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
        Yesterday afternoon at about 3:30 p.m. we watched a beautiful male Hooded Merganser in
        the North Davis Pond. It was in open water in the northeast part of the pond near the
        lookout closest to the street.

        Susan Torguson
        Davis, CA
      • Walt Carnahan
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
          --- In central_valley_birds@yahoogroups.com, "susantorguson"
          <susantorguson@y...> wrote:

          > Yesterday afternoon at about 3:30 p.m. we watched a beautiful male
          Hooded Merganser in
          > the North Davis Pond. It was in open water in the northeast part
          of the pond near the
          > lookout closest to the street.
          >
          > Susan Torguson
          > Davis, CA
          Is this a pond that is part of the wastewater treatment plant? And
          is the plant closed to visitors during the week?
          Walt Carnahan
        • John McNerney
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
            Walt et. al.,

            The North Area (Davis) Pond is a stormwater detention
            pond located near the intersection of F and Anderson
            Streets within the city limits. It is accessible
            anytime.

            John
            --- Walt Carnahan <w_carnahan@...> wrote:

            > --- In central_valley_birds@yahoogroups.com,
            > "susantorguson"
            > <susantorguson@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Yesterday afternoon at about 3:30 p.m. we watched
            > a beautiful male
            > Hooded Merganser in
            > > the North Davis Pond. It was in open water in the
            > northeast part
            > of the pond near the
            > > lookout closest to the street.
            > >
            > > Susan Torguson
            > > Davis, CA
            > Is this a pond that is part of the wastewater
            > treatment plant? And
            > is the plant closed to visitors during the week?
            > Walt Carnahan

            The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
            http://my.yahoo.com