Demoiselle Crane: reports, please

  • MAGPIE@MADRE.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      Dear birders,

      I would be very grateful to hear reports, both positive and *negative*, of
      attempts for the demoiselle crane in San Joaquin County. I have a group
      coming from Massachusetts mid-February and we will be making an all-day
      attempt on February 18 (Presidents' Day). If possible, I'd love to have
      time of day as well as day/date for reports. I have been getting the
      sense that very few people are actually looking for this bird, but if you
      are in sandhill crane country, especially Woodbridge Road and Staten
      Island Road and do NOT see it, that is good information too.

      Many thanks,
      Alison Kent
      Davis, CA
      magpie@...