ID Help Please

  • jann_dorothy@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2013
      I just uploaded to the Identification Needed folder a bird I need help with. Yellow, its wing bars and eye ring have me a bit confused. Western Tanager perhaps? This was taken along Putah Creek about 1/4 mile from the Pedrick Rd. parking area. Your help is appreciated.

      Jann Dorothy
      Sacramento
    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2013
        nice shot of a yellow warbler showing pale fringes on the wing coverts

        John Sterling
        VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

        26 Palm Ave
        Woodland, CA 95695
        530 908-3836
        jsterling@...
        www.sterlingbirds.com

        On Sep 1, 2013, at 9:55 AM, "jann_dorothy@..." <jann_dorothy@...> wrote:

        > I just uploaded to the Identification Needed folder a bird I need help with. Yellow, its wing bars and eye ring have me a bit confused. Western Tanager perhaps? This was taken along Putah Creek about 1/4 mile from the Pedrick Rd. parking area. Your help is appreciated.
        >
        > Jann Dorothy
        > Sacramento

      • Jann Dorothy
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2013
          Thanks to all who ID'd my bird as a Yellow Warbler. That was my first guess
          and I had labeled it as such, but the eye ring confused me. A friend thought
          it as tanager instead, but when Steve Hampton mentioned the sighting of the
          Chestnut-sided Warbler in the same location, I thought perhaps it was that.
          Thanks for your help.

          Jann Dorothy
          Sacramento