Male Costa's Hummingbird (Sacramento Co.)

  • buteo12
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 28, 2013
      Good evening birders,

      The bird was here at least as of 2:00 PM today. I got home too late to check for this evening.

      If you want to try to see it tomorrow, my address follows:

      3718 Poppy Hill Way
      Sacramento, CA 95834

      Good luck and good birding!
      Kevin

    • Bruce Webb
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 29, 2013
        Hi Kevin:

        The male Costa's I had at my feeders in Granite Bay years ago stayed
        for months at a time. And it returned in subsequent years. Even better,
        because my house is in the Folsom CBC circle, it was there for the count
        day.

        Often Costa's leave after a short time. But, I wouldn't be surprised if
        yours sticks around for months, too.

        --
        Bruce Webb
        Granite Bay, CA

        'Have scope - Will travel'

        On 6/29/2013 12:04 AM, harpy12@... wrote:

        > Good evening birders,
        >
        > The bird was here at least as of 2:00 PM today. I got home too late to
        > check for this evening.
        >
        > If you want to try to see it tomorrow, my address follows:
        >
        > 3718 Poppy Hill Way
        > Sacramento, CA 95834
        >
        > Good luck and good birding!
        > Kevin

      • Doug Herr
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 29, 2013
          Bruce Webb wrote:

          The male Costa's I had at my feeders in Granite Bay years ago stayed
          for months at a time. And it returned in subsequent years. Even better,
          because my house is in the Folsom CBC circle, it was there for the count
          day.

          Often Costa's leave after a short time. But, I wouldn't be surprised if
          yours sticks around for months, too.
          <<<

          The bird in Kevin's front yard was actively defending the feeders this morning when I left at 9 AM.

          http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/trochilidae/cohumm01.html

          Doug Herr
          Orangevale, Sacramento County
          http://www.wildlightphoto.com
        • Dell Richards
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 29, 2013
            Just wanted to thank Kevin for updating the male Costa's at his house-and
            for coming out to talk to me and tell me the bird's antics when I went over
            this morning.

            Lovely visit with a stunning bird and a really nice guy.

            Dell

            DELL RICHARDS PUBLICITY

            916.455.4790

            www.dellrichards.com

            On 6/29/2013 12:04 AM, harpy12@... <mailto:harpy12%40comcast.net>
            wrote:

            > Good evening birders,
            >
            > The bird was here at least as of 2:00 PM today. I got home too late to
            > check for this evening.
            >
            > If you want to try to see it tomorrow, my address follows:
            >
            > 3718 Poppy Hill Way
            > Sacramento, CA 95834
            >
            > Good luck and good birding!
            > Kevin