Putah Creek birds last week

  • John and Glennah Trochet
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 8:52 AM
      Dear Birders,

      I did some survey work along Putah Creek last week and turned up a couple of
      interesting things. Foremost was finding nesting Oregon juncoes along the
      creek downstream a bit from Winters, on the Solano County side, last
      Tuesday.

      This has been a very decent season for white-throated sparrows for me at the
      Cosumnes River Preserve. In addition to the recent reports by Michael
      Perrone in Yolo and Don Marsh in Amador, last Thursday Andy Engilis found
      one in Yolo near Mace Blvd. and I found one in Solano just upstream of
      Winters, both along Putah Creek.

      Best,

      John Trochet

      Sacramento