tips for birding around Gray Lodge?

  • Todd Plummer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2013
      Hi, all,
      I'm visiting the northern Central Valley for a long Saturday of birding
      with some friends. We plan to start at Gray Lodge and make our way around.
      Can anyone suggest some tips for making the most of one's time in this
      area? Even though the falcated duck isn't around any more, I still might
      visit Colusa NWR and Sacramento NWR. If there are likely places to see
      northern shrike, redpolls, bohemian waxwings, rough-legged hawks, prairie
      falcon, eagles, cranes, or any unusual over-wintering passerines, I'd love
      to hear about it. I'm not asking for locations of sensitive species -
      roosting owls, e.g. Birds first.

      Likewise, if you come to Marin county to bird, I can return the favor.

      --
      Todd Plummer
      Inverness, CA